S1, EP 11: Formality

A/N: Second to last episode! The dress in question can be found on The Dress Outlet under Cinderella Divine

Deaton seemed like a ally for them as she waited for Scott to wake up, which he did around early morning. Stiles had sent her texts throughout the night to check up on them and she updated him on everything; Scott bolted up just as Deaton finished cleaning up as she sent a text to Stark to keep him updated.

Scott gave his boss a grateful look along with nodding towards her as he jumped off the table, his wound covered by the gauze.

But then the bell rang from the clinic's front door and Deaton whispered for them to stay back as he went to handle it. They could hear Peter insisting on getting Scott, but Deaton refused, not afraid of Peter at all.

"Like I said, we're closed", Deaton said.

They heard Peter's nails scrap against something as he said, "Mountain ash, that's a old one."

Then a loud crash of something breaking but it seemed to not frighten Deaton as they heard him say, "let me be as clear as possible: we are closed."

But then as they heard Peter's footsteps retreat he paused, saying he was going to find someone to do his dirty work and Scott's eyes widened as they realized Peter's newest target was Allison.

Yawning as she laid her head on Stiles' shoulder as she half-listened to a frantic Scott looking for his missing phone, Stiles adjusted her so she was more comfy. She was exhausted as her eyes closed, still half-listening as Stiles said that Derek was possibly dead since he did walk into gun fire but Scott relented that he wasn't along with Scott saying he was going to need help to stop Peter.

"Scott, obviously I'm here to help", Y/N yawned, her eyes a little teary. "You don't need to protect Allison on your own."

"You're busy with protecting Stiles", Scott said, Stiles let out a little offended huff.

Stiles asked if they could kill Derek, Y/N opened her eyes and Scott said no as she scolded him, but he still asked if they could considered it for him. But Scott soon heard his mom arrive from work, saying she was talking on the phone before he said he heard her crying and she could see the guilt in his face.

"You can't protect everyone, Scott", Stiles said.

"I have to", Scott said.

"But you have to realize that if you do, you have to live with the sacrifices that come with it", Y/N said as Scott let out a heavy sigh.

~~~

In the boys locker room the next day at school, they had found Jackson once the area had cleared. Scott insisted on her being there for the fact that Jackson was still kinda afraid of her from the groin kick she gave him (to which Lydia did confront her about, but what was Lydia going to do? Hit her back?). Scott had said Coach told him that he banned from the dance because of his grades but not the team because Coach valued him too much, so the job of protecting Allison went to Jackson, who was reluctant and tried to deny wanting to do it. But apparently, Jackson was in need of some... persuasion.