-17-

Monday, July 8, 2024

2:00 p.m.

It had been two days since Skye and Duijai saw each other

It had been two days since Skye and Duijai saw each other. She tried hard not to think about the possibility of Duijai knowing that Ava was his child.

"could he?" She thought. Naee and the other girls promised not to say a word to him. Brushing her thoughts away she continued to browse the internet for a nanny as she would be off maternity leave soon. 

Ava was now two months, she was healthy and happy. She also tried not to think about the fact that she was deriving both Ava and her father from having a relationship. She would tell him, just at the right time.

- Meanwhile -

Thoughts. Thoughts. Thoughts.
That was all Duijai was left with. Questions with no answers. He was in the studio but he couldn't get any work done because she was the only thing on his mind.

"She have pickney now." He thought to himself.

"well of course dumb dumb, yuh neva si har a push the stroller??" His subconscious answered.

Hissing his teeth, he went into the booth and put on his headphones. Wanting to get this over with.

"Run the riddim" he shouted

A mi fi f**k yuh til yuh pain up
And mek yuh suck til yuh knee cup scrape up
Whole ah yuh system shake up and as yuh pull up pon eh block
A jus bay f**k buss inna yuh mouth like draco
Skye mi wi f**k yuh like mi hate yuh
Tie up yuh hand dem and yuh lip get tape up caah nuhbaddi next door
Nuffi hear yuh
Man a sinna baby hear nuh

He sang in the microphone.

A from mi heart dis love letter from ah dog sh*t
Love f**k browning cause mi darkskin
And mi nah f**k one gyal mi ah artist
A from mi heart dis love letter from ah dog sh*t
Mi woulda f**k yuh from now til ah mawning
And yuh fi swallow cum curry if yuh wah spit
Oh mi oh my shi suck eh c**ky til yuh tin out fine prefer mi feel eh
Senseless suh mi pill out mine

He sang closing his eyes reminiscing about her.

Shi pop ah molly get dark shi nuh si no light
And if eh boil dung shi guh ride cause shi nah baby tuh dis yeah shi been outside
Shi suck eh c**ky like shi want everything out a it
And mi wi f**k out yuh heart and guh sing out mine
Mi nuh si nuh adda skye

Repeating the pre chorus and chorus he ended the song. Taking off his headphone he came out of the booth sitting down with his producer to listen what was recorded. Lighting up a spliff he just sat there listening.

"It bad man" his producer said.

Making everybody else hummed in agreement.
After talking and going over doing the final touches he left the studio.

Now seated in his BMW 7 series he was on his home. Right before making a stop on the lane.

- 10 minutes later -

Parking his car, he got out walking down the lane.

"yow sinna"
"sinful"
"rajah"
"wild"

He heard as he walked to the bar where Grabba was. Nodding his head to show some respect he continued on his way.

Walking into the bar he saw Grabba sitting down, going over there he sat down.

"wa gwaan bro?" Grabba asked.

Grabba and Duijai has been friends since they were small. Their fathers were best friends that being the reason why they were so close. He was Duijai's right hand man and if either wanted anything they would go to each other.

After a hour of catching up, he dapped Grabba up leaving out the bar going back to his car. The community was good, there was no war, no kidnapping, no one stealing etc. He thank God he was doing a good job with everything going on in his life.

It was now 9:00 when he pulled up to his house. Turning off his engine, he exited his car. Unlocking his front door he entered his house, taking off his shoes he walked to his room to take a shower.

~~~

He was now dressed in a shorts in his kitchen looking after something to eat. He decided on curry chicken and white rice.

"watch husband material" his subconscious said.

laughing to himself, he finished cooking.

-1 hour later-

He finished cooking and eating his food. He sat on his porch with his book and pencil smoking a spliff. On days like this he had nothing but his thoughts. He knew he made the decision of leaving her alone but now he did not think it was the right choice. But could he blame anybody but himself?

Finishing his blunt he got up turning off the lights in his house. Walking to his room he laid down, her swarming. Minutes later his breathing shallowed and his small snores could be heard throughout the room.

___________________________________

Welll

💋.