-23-

Thursday, July, 13, 2024.
7:00 a.m.

Waking up, Skye looked around her room for Duijai. Not seeing any sign of him she got up stretching. That was when she realized she hadn't heard Ava crying, she was normally up at this time. Running to Ava's room there was no sign of her.

Panicking she ran downstairs, as she turned the corner she was surprised. Duijai was standing holding Ava as he fed her. Placing a hand over her heart, she tired to calm her breathing.

"when mi wake up fi use the bathroom, she dee a cry suh mih tek har up" he said staring at her.

"okayy, I'll be right back" she answered walking away.

Walking to her room, Skye went and did her morning routine.
Duijai had just finish Ava, she had fallen asleep so he went and put her in the crib. He was now sitting in Skye's room waiting for her to finish what she was doing.

-5 minutes later-

Skye came out of the bathroom and saw Duijai staring at her.

"Talk" he said sternly.

Having enough, she finally told him the truth.

"sheisyourchild" she said quickly

"weh yuh seh??mi cya hear yuh" he asked making a questioning face.

sighing she finally said "she is your child"

no answer.

looking at him, she just saw him staring back at her with hate in his eyes and a mixture of hurt.

Fixing his posture he finally asked "why didn't you tell me??"

"Because I was hur-" she started to say but was later cut off by him.

"BECAUSE YUH DEE HURT?????" he shouted as he started to approach her.

With each step he took towards her she took a step back. That was until she felt her back touched the wall.

"Y-yes" she shouted back at him. "You l-left that day without saying anything. I woke up to an empty bed. No notification! You j-just left and you didn't even r-reach out to me so y-yes I didn't tell you because I w-was hurt."

Staring at har, he saw tears welled up in her eyes.

"I left because my father died that morning" he thought.

"yes but you didn't even reach out to her saying that anything happened" his subconscious answered.

Now thinking about it, he was partially to blame. But that still didn't give her the right to keep his child away from him.

After a few minutes, he finally answered.

"I left because my father was killed that morning. I was busy that's why I didn't get in contact with you but when I finally did your number was unavailable and you moved. Even if I was in the wrong that still neva give you a reason fi keep MY child away from me" he said getting more angry as he thought about the fact she kept his daughter way from him.

"It was not but I had Naee call you on the day when I was at the hospital. I was asking for you, YOU WERE THE ONE THAT DIDN'T PICK UP YOUR PHONE" she replied, tears running down her checks.

- flashback-
Duijai was currently sitting in his car smoking. Every time he had any alone time he was trapped in his thoughts. Think about her. Skye is truly the love of his life.

"My sinna princess." He thought smiling. 

He was broken from his thoughts by his phone ringing. It was Naee.

"what would she want" He thought. They hadn't spoken since the day he went to Skye's house 9 months ago. Not in the mood to talk he declined the call, powering off his phone.

"I hope I don't regret this" he thought.

- flashback ends-

Remembering that call from months ago, Duijai had no choice but to now blame himself for not picking up his phone. Not knowing what to say he just stood there.

"Now that you know, you can build a bond and be in her life. But that's all that's gonna happen" Skye said pushing pass him leaving the room.

"Fuccckkk" Duijai said frustrated. Putting on his shirt, he took up his keys.

"I'll be back in a few" he told her as he walked out the door. Minutes later he pulled off heading back home.

___________________________________

"those poor unfortunate soulsss" lol😭

Don't forget to vote gizee🤭.

❤️