Chapter 3- Scents and Fragrances

Chapter 3

Lan Xichen had to stop Wang Mingxing from renting the entire floor of the restaurant for his date.

"This is a dinner date, not your wedding reception. We are trying to show that you love her, not that you are easy to take advantage of," Lan Xichen gently reminded him. "Now, did you bring what I told you?"

When it comes to being someone's love guru, Lan Xichen can be a little over the top with extra sprinkles.

Wang Mingxing gave a few nods, bringing out a bouquet of roses. Lan Xichen gave a smile of approval.

"Now, me and Wangji will stay here," Lan Xichen said, tapping at the table. He gestured to the lower floor from the balcony, "Mr. Wang, you and your Lifen will be sitting at that table so we will see you two from up here."

Wang Mingxing nodded hurriedly, "Yes, yes."

Lan Xichen noticed the anxiety of the beta. Lan Wangji handed the man a napkin to wipe the sweat off his face.

"...Let's go over the plan, shall we?" Lan Xichen smiled and began. "Shu Lifen has been playing hard to get with you for a while now. After she refused your marriage proposal, she has been ignoring your texts and calls. Tonight's mission, Mr. Wang, is to sweep her off her feet!"

Lan Wangji, "..."

Wang Mingxing nodded vigorously. "Yes, yes."

Then he frowned, "But... How?"

Lan Xichen beamed. "You can do it. I trust you."

"..." Wang Mingxing stared at him as if the alpha just told him to run a marathon in three feet long shoes.

Lan Wangji couldn't watch it anymore and placed an object in the beta's hand.

"An earpiece?" Wang Mingxing lift it for a closer look, "This looks familiar..."

"Ah, yes, that was our plan B," Lan Xichen said briskly, placing his own little speaker inside his ear. "This is actually from your company. Very useful device."

The earpiece was small and it was hardly noticeable when Wang Mingxing placed it inside his ear.

"Well then," Lan Xichen smiled, "All you have to do is follow what I say."

"Yes, yes! I can do that!" Wang Mingxing was relieved to be finally instructed on something he could actually do.

Lan Xichen checked his watch, "It's almost time. Remember Mr. Wang, stay calm and stay focused. Do not waver no matter what your Lifen says."

Wang Mingxing nodded and hurried down to the main floor. There, he waited for his omega.

-

A couple of minutes passed and no one showed up.

The small seed of confidence that Lan Xichen had only just planted in him began to die before it could sprout. Has he... been stood up? Wang Mingxing's face turned pale.

"Don't panic," Lan Xichen's voice came in his ear, "She's definitely going to show up."

"Brother."

Lan Xichen glanced at his brother. "Hmm?"

"Why did you tell him that?"

"That today's mission was to make Shu Lifen fall for him?" Lan Xichen smiled sheepishly, "That is the mission. For him."

The younger jade pressed his lips into a thin line. He then understood. "Shu Lifen." He said.

Lan Xichen nodded and tapped his chin. "She's an interesting one."