Chapter 11- Xichen's dilemma

Chapter 11

Wen Yuan was a current grade nine student attending Cang Qiong Junior Middle. He is a diligent and good-mannered kid whom the teachers all love and could find no fault to. So it comes as no surprise that the boy was also a straight-A student and the class president.

Wen Yuan was also the best friend of another boy the same age as him, Lan Jingyi. Now Lan Jingyi was also a good student, even if not as good as Wen Yuan... Okay, 'good student' is a bit of a stretch. Well, he is passing all his classes. Hmmm. Must be Wen Yuan's productivity rubbing off on him as the two were seatmates.

Speaking of which, Wen Yuan's seatmate still hasn't arrived even though the bell's going to ring any moment. Which wasn't unusual because Lan Jingyi often shows up the minute the bell rings or is late.

"Sizhui! Am I late? Did the bell ring??"

Wen Yuan watched as Lan Jingyi scrambled and slid into the seat next to him. He smiled, "No, you're not."

"Oh, great," Lan Jingyi said with a spring in his voice. A giant smile remained on his face.

"You seem happier today," Wen Yuan commented. "Do you have some good news?"

Lan Jingyi nodded, jubilant. "Remember Madam He who I went to shadow for a week in the clothing industry? Because I used to want to be a world-renowned and crazy rich fashion designer in the future? And you know how I told you that I found out Madam He's husband has been physically abusing her? Well, he got arrested this morning! Not only did the cops charge him with domestic abuse, but he was also charged with tax fraud and embezzlement and his company is totally going under! And to put the cherry on top, Madam He could finally divorce him and she's going to start her own clothing company and she already has the employees that worked for her before to come over to her new company! Madam He is back to being Madam Qi! Man, it just makes me so happy to know that sucker is going to rot in jail-!"

Lan Jingyi finished talking in all but a single breath and inhaled deeply. And grinned. Wen Yuan was having trouble following along but nevertheless, he smiled for his friend's happiness, "That's great. So then Madam.. Qi has her own company now? Since you helped her, do you think you can get that internship you have been wanting?"

Lan Jingyi shook his head. "Oh, I don't want to do that anymore."

"No? But didn't your class require you to take on some experience for something you might want to do in the future-?"

"Yes, Sizhui! It does! But I don't want to be a fashion designer anymore! I want to be..." Lan Jingyi took a deep breath, placing his hand over his heart, "A detective."

"..." Lan Jingyi looked at Wen Yuan with shining eyes. "Sizhui, you should have been there too, they were so cool! Being a detective seems so cool! Oh, I have some camera footage from the other day, I'll show you them at my house after school, okay??"

Wen Sizhui smiled, "Okay, okay, but I need you to calm down, you are babbling a hundred words a minute."

Lan Jingyi nodded and repeated, "Okay, okay." He sat up straight and properly folded his hands over his desk.

"... Hey, where's the teacher?" Lan Jingyi realized that he was almost late to class but he got there and had a whole conversation with Sizhui and the teacher still hadn't come into the classroom.

Wen Yuan also seemed confused and then he remembered something. "Oh! I think there's a new student coming today."

"Reallyy?" Lan Jingyi was aghast. "But there's only a month left of school! Which evil parent made their kid transfer to a new school near summer break???"