Chapter 25- Brewing

Chapter 25

Location: Lan Manor.

The house of Lan was located on the outskirts of Shanghai, facing in the direction of Gusu. It was close to the bustling chaos of the city but still not within it. The manor was built in the mid-1920s and still had its traditional but aristocratic appeal, something that has been rigorously persevered through the generations. Through the big courtyard and into the halls of the manor, Jingyi dances his way in.

Jingyi quickly wove past the servants and the maids, waving a quick hi to the ones he knew. He expertly made his way to the room at the end of the hall.

"Granduncle!" Lan Jingyi ran in with his hands stretched out. He was quickly hit by a flying cloth rag and he lost his balance and landed on the floor like a ragdoll.

"You child, get up and sit on the chair." The voice was stern.

Jingyi pouted before getting up and plopping himself onto the chair.

"Properly."

He adjusted his seating position.

"Hmph."

"Grandunclee," Jingyi whined.

"Be quiet," The man scolded him.

Jingyi zipped his lips. His big eyes watched the movement of the cloth as the man polished a teacup in front of him. When Lan Qiren finally deemed the cup polished enough- he held the cup in the sunlight and observed a sparkle- he sat the cup and the rag down on the table beside him and wiped his hands before looking at Jingyi sternly.

Jingyi smiled happily at him. "Granduncle, I'm sorry I couldn't visit you yesterday, I had to work on a science project with my friends."

"Hmm. That's alright. What about Xichen and Wangji?" Lan Qiren reached up and stroked his graying goatee.

"Well, they are doing great! They always have a case or two every week. Uncle Xichen is especially nice to me." Jingyi smiled shyly.

"Xichen is nice with anyone," Lan Qiren told him. "What about those two omegas?"

"Uncle Jiang and Uncle Wei are great too!" Jingyi chirped.

"..."

Lan Qiren sighed, "Alright. Jingyi, sit properly. Have you given them the camera?"

Jingyi nodded vigorously, "I gave it to Uncle Xichen! He really likes it!"

A hint of approval on Lan Qiren's face. "Of course, that nephew of mine always had a hobby for photography," he said casually.

Lan Jingyi nodded, still smiling cluelessly.

Lan Qiren's face returned to its usual sternness, "Jingyi, sit properly. Is there anything else about those two omegas?"

Lan Jingyi thought for a while before answering, "Well, Uncle Xichen is always with Uncle Jiang, and Uncle Wei is mostly with Uncle Wangji," he said with a straight face.

"..."

Lan Qiren stroked his goatee again, "Okay. Just continue what you are doing for now. Keep a close eye on all of them and report back to me if anything changes."