Chapter 5- Espionage

Chapter 5

The rain pitter-pattered on the window panes of the cafe. Two omegas sat across from each other at a booth.

"Let's stop."

"Eh?" Wei Wuxian's gray eyes went round. "What do you mean, Lifen-jie?"

Shu Lifen's face was sorrowful. "I... I don't want to do this anymore."

She looked at the other omega, eyes slightly red and puffy from crying, "I think we test him enough. Mingxing... I believe he is sincere."

Wei Wuxian was perplexed. "But we haven't got him to give you part of the company share yet. What if he changes his mind later on? Lifen-jie, you could lose everything."

Shu Lifen shook her head quickly. "No," she whispered sadly, "I already lost everything."

"Lifen-jie?" Wei Wuxian was concerned. He hurried to sit beside the omega, "Did something happen?"

Tears whelmed up in Lifen's eyes and she choked out, "Mingxing... Mingxing's sick. He's really sick."

She hiccuped and groaned, "A-xian... I don't care about the company shares anymore. I just want to take good care of Mingxing and spend the rest of our time together."

"But, but... Lifen-jie, you have to stay strong! What if this is all a trick?" Wei Wuxian asked, rubbing his palm against Shu Lifen's back.

Shu Lifen was adamant. She shook her head and replied,

"I don't care. Even if he tricked me, I am willing to play his victim."

"..."

"Oh, don't worry about me, A-xian," Shu Lifen smiled sadly at the omega who looked upset at her words. "I know what I'm doing. Thanks for helping me all this time. I had always appreciated it, A-xian. But you've done enough. This is my decision."

Wei Wuxian's lips trembled as his eyes watered. He stared at the omega but his vision blurred. He could see another woman overlap the omega. Shu Lifen reminded him so much of her... They even have the same sounding character in their names. He quickly threw his arms around the omega and buried his face in the crook of her neck. He said quietly,

"Okay... You do you, A-jie."

Shu Lifen smiled softly and patted the boy on the back a few times. The rain continued to fall.

*********************************************************************

"A-CHENG-!!"

Jiang Wanyin spit out his drink and quickly held up his arms like a shield. But it was too late and Wei Wuxian managed to jump onto him.

"Argh, get off me-!" Jiang Cheng tried to push him off, but the omega was clinging onto him tighter than limpet to a disgruntled rock.

"No!" Wei Wuxian shouted. He scrunched up his face, and said, "Just let me hug you for a minute." With that, he hid his face in Jiang Cheng's shirt.

"..."

A minute passed. Then Jiang Cheng whacked the man on the back and demanded, "Get off me now if you don't want me to throw you out the window." Sometimes the omega had a hard time believing that the man was actually his elder brother. Though, he was adopted.

"..."

Wei Wuxian slowly looked up with a solemn expression. Having rarely seen that sort of expression on his brother's face, Jiang Cheng grew a bit concerned, "Hey... Are you crying?"

"No," Wei Wuxian sniffed. He hopped off the younger and sighed. He leaned his head against Jiang Cheng's shoulder and said softly,

"I just... miss A-jie."