Chapter 6- An old friend

Chapter 6

"WEI WUXIAN!"

Jiang Wanyin stormed into the room followed by the faint smell of burnt citrus. Startled, Wei Wuxian quickly put on his glasses and tried to look like Jiang Cheng had just interrupted him doing something important.

"Oh hey, what's up, Jiang Cheng? Haha." Wei Wuxian tapped his fingers nervously on his desk.

How did he get past Wen Ning? Wei Wuxian thought, sliding down in his chair as the omega walked over to him, withering him with an infuriated look. As if reading his mind, Jiang Cheng scowled angrily, "You think Wen Ning is your personal bodyguard??"

"Yes! I mean- no, of course not!" Wei Wuxian hastily changed his answer. "Oh come on, Jiang Cheng, chill out! Can't we talk like normal citizens!"

"Fine, then tell me why the hell you stopped me!" Jiang Cheng pulled out the chair across from the omega and sat down angrily, crossing his legs. "That omega wearing that stupid yellow sun hat was secretly taking photos of the others! And you saw it too and yet you didn't try to stop him!"

"Well, who do you think he is?" Wei Wuxian asked calmly.

"An intel," Jiang Cheng grits his teeth, "I don't recognize him and no one should be able to access this building without a membership card authorized by you or me."

"Hey, don't look at me," Wei Wuxian shrugged, taking off his fake glasses and rubbing off a smudge with his shirt, "I've never seen him before either. You know, we really need to tell the guards to actually check the omegas' cards, sorta like how they check people's IDs before they allow them into a club haha."

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes. Wei Wuxian slid his glasses back on his nose and continued, "A-Cheng, I stopped you because that omega, as you said, is a spy. That means he's somebody's spy."

"..."

"So I put a tracker on him."

Jiang Wanyin looked at him incredulously and in disbelief. "What? When? How come I didn't notice?"

Wei Wuxian shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe I'm just too good."

"Oh, piss off," Jiang Cheng snorted. "You are crazy."

"I'll take that as a compliment," Wei Wuxian grinned. "Now let's wait and see where this little mole will lead us. Though, I have a hunch..."

Jiang Cheng threw him a look, "You aren't implying..."

"I am," Wei Wuxian said grimly. "We are not done with them yet."

"I told you to not mess with them anymore!" Jiang Cheng whispered exasperatedly. "Don't you know who they are! Their uncle is one of mom's business partners!"

"Yeah, yeah, I wasn't planning on it either! But they stepped out of the line with this one. I'm not about to let anyone take advantage of my omegas!" Wei Wuxian huffed. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna cause trouble, I'm going to just make sure they get the memo and stay out of our business."

"..."

"Somehow it's hard to believe you."

"Gosh, have some faith in me."

"You think it's easy?"

"..."

*********************************************************************

"Thanks again for coming, A-Yao."

"Of course," the omega smiled, showing dimples. "I wanted to take a look around the city again and you gave me the perfect excuse. How's Wangji? Is the cop life suiting him well?"