Chapter 10- Jiang Cheng looks for a cat

Chapter 10

"What you guys just did was a huge mistake!"

"..."

"You mean we should have run over you?" Wei Wuxian moved to get back in the car.

"What, no!" The boy was exasperated and threw up his hands. "I mean, what you guys just did at the hotel! Do you know what position you had put Madam He in!"

Wei Wuxian glanced at Lan Wangji. He shrugged, not really concerned. "Well, she should have expected something like this if her plan hadn't worked. We were just doing our business with our client."

"Then let me be your client!"

"Nope, that is not how it works!" Wei Wuxian was surprised by the offer but shook his head no.

The boy didn't give up, "But I have money! I'll pay you."

Wei Wuxian grinned, "Well, if you say it like that-"

"No." Lan Wangji stepped in. The boy cowered slightly at the jade's intimidating aura.

"Aw, why not, Lan Zhan?" Wei Wuxian asked. "I thought we would take any case!"

Lan Wangji went back to the car. He pulled the car door, "Not when they are entangled. Mr. He is our client. Let's go."

"Aw, okayy..."

Wei Wuxian huffed and shuffled to the passenger seat.

"He's an abuser!"

That stopped the pair and they both turned their heads.

"What?" Wei Wuxian asked, his brows creasing.

"That man's an abuser!" the boy repeated. "If you don't believe me, I have proof!"

The boy reached into his jacket and brought out a few printed photographs. Wei Wuxian moved to see them and Lan Wangji frowned slightly.

"This... This is horrible," Wei Wuxian was appalled. There were prints of bruises and wound marks on the back, arms, and legs. "That man should be in jail!"

"Yeah, he might not be a cheater but the guy always lays hands on Madam He!" the boy said feverishly, "Mrs. He managed part of his company and has a decent share and this was our attempt to take another half of the company shares but you guys ruined it!"

Wei Wuxian frowned, confused at the boy's words. "But how? By ruining his reputation and blackmailing him?"

"No! So during the divorce, the judge would take pity on Mrs. He and make Mr. He give her a huge alimony! And we'll get Mrs. He to take over the company one day!" The boy replied with wide eyes.

"What- wait, kid, this whole thing was your idea right?"

"Yeah, why?" The boy blinked.

"Well, that's not really how divorce works! Are you actually her assistant?"

"Well, no-! But I was only trying to help!" the boy said in defense. "Besides, it's not my fault you fell for that, what kind of 14-year-old can become a businesswoman's assistant!"

"Fair point," Wei Wuxian shrugged, scratching his chin. "But Mrs. He should know how divorce works. Why did she still go along with it?"

"I don't know," the boy said truthfully. "But you have to help her! Especially now that Mr. He's probably furious with her!"

Wei Wuxian nodded, taking the photos from the boy, "Of course-"

"No."

The boy and Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Wangji. "Get in the car," he told the omega, turning around.