Chapter 23- Hands up! This is a robbery

Chapter 23

One month later...

His hand fumbled around the bedsheet till his fingertips brushed against Jiang Cheng's retreating back.

"Wanyin," Lan Xichen whined, lunging at the omega, "Don't go yet."

"Lan Xichen, let go!" Jiang Cheng scolded him, trying to remove the arms clasped around him as the older took the initiative to nuzzle his face in the curve of his neck, lapping up his airy lotus scent. A sleepy smile spread across his face. Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes.

Jiang Cheng tugged at the alpha's locked hands trying to pull them apart so he could be set free. "Come on, I don't want your brother to see me."

"Wangji wakes up at five but he doesn't leave his room till ten after," Lan Xichen muttered, "We still have eight minutes."

"And how could you be so sure??"

"Wanyin, it's been like this every morning."

"... okay, fine," Jiang Cheng reluctantly admitted defeat. He turned around and encircled his arms around Lan Xichen's neck. He let out a small puff of air and closed his eyes.

Lan Xichen smiled furtively and began planting light kisses across his nape. Jiang Cheng didn't mind, as long as it didn't leave any hickeys or visible marks. He liked the sensation of Lan Xichen's cool lips pestering against his skin akin to a butterfly's kiss. It was much more enjoyable than the occasional ravenous gnawing anyway.

Or so Jiang Cheng thought. His eyes flew open when he felt a wandering hand brush sneakily against his buttocks. "Okay, I'm out," he said, detaching himself from the disappointed alpha.

"Wanyin," Lan Xichen pouted, stretching out his hands. The omega ignored him and hurried out of the door, leaving Lan Xichen brooding over his escape. Jiang Cheng reached 'his' bedroom and closed the door- just as Lan Wangji's door opened.

"..." Lan Wangji stepped out of his room and paused for a moment, lifting his head, before resuming walking to the bathroom.

In his room, Jiang Cheng flopped backward onto his cold and vacated bed and closed his eyes, placing the back of his hand over his forehead. Then he turned around with a reluctant groan and crawled to the center, pulling the blankets over him, about to take a five-hour nap. He'll wake up whenever Wei Wuxian comes bouncing into his room.

Thus this was Jiang Cheng's secret love affair. Lan Xichen likes to call it their "affaire du coeur" or the affair of the heart. Jiang Cheng couldn't hear it without rolling his eyes up at the sky.

Frankly, Jiang Cheng was quite proud of himself. It's been a month and nobody has caught on. Wei Wuxian was beyond clueless and Lan Wangji could not be bothered enough to ever suspect a thing. At this rate, they could probably get married and nobody would've noticed.

*********************************************************************

"Good morning, good morning, good morning!"

Wei Wuxian burst into the room with the energy of a flower girl tossing up flowers. "Wake up, Jiang Cheng! That disciple of yours, Jingyi, is here and apparently, he got us a gift."

Jiang Cheng sat up groggily on his bed and looked over at him with bleary eyes. Wei Wuxian winced at his state and patted him on the back, "Go freshen up, you wouldn't want Xichen-ge to see you in this state!" Wei Wuxian winked at him knowingly. Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes at him.

Only if he knew, Lan Xichen thinks he's cute in "this state." Apparently, it makes him less guarded and thus more helpless to his spontaneous attacks of affection. Jiang Cheng gazed at Wei Wuxian with a small smirk on his lips, it made him smug knowing he was hiding something huge and Wei Wuxian was clueless about it.