Chapter 21- One problem after another

Chapter 21

"Pang, Na, Lang."

Wei Wuxian said each name with a flick of his tongue as he skimmed through the said assistants' individual files. "One's in the Design department, another one in Project, and one is in Public Relations. Aren't they a little too familiar with each other when they are from entirely different departments."

Lan Wangji, "Mn."

Wei Wuxian giggled, "Look at them squirm now!"

"Shut it. I'm trying to pay attention," Jiang Cheng yapped at him.

The three returned their attention back to the screen.

"Okay, I'll read it then."

Lan Xichen glanced at the papers in his hand, and he cleared his throat.

"Ahem. During the investigation, we had ruled out the suspicion of the low-ranked employees and turned to the project's leaders and their assistants."

Lan Xichen stopped to look up at them through his eyelashes before dropping his gaze back down at the files that he was pretending to read off on. He continued, "Now, we have every reason to believe that the Designing department, Project department, and Public Relations are highly suspicious-"

A loud slam on the table. Lan Xichen looked to see Lang Ye out of his chair again. "That's absurd! What a slander!" The man said so angrily that he unknowingly reverted back to his mother tongue.

"No, it's not. Why don't you sit back down," Lan Xichen shot politely at him, gesturing to his seat.

Lang Ye reluctantly sat back down but he didn't shut his mouth, "Which investigation agency drew up this report??"

"Yeah, which agency? I want to know too!" Na added, glancing at Lang Ye and Pang.

"Don't be so rash," Lan Xichen frowned. "Didn't you say you want to read the report? I'm reading it to you. Moreover, I'm reading it to all of you. Everyone here has the right to know. Isn't that what you said?"

"..." Na bit her lower lips, falling into silence. Clearly, they have fallen into a trap!

"But!" Lan Xichen tucked the file under his arms and gave them a diplomatic smile, "We could solve this within the company. Ms. Yu, mind you, has an exact copy of this report in her office right now. But she doesn't want to make a scene. She would like this to be solved within the company. I can give you three hours." Lan Xichen held up three fingers.

"Three hours to decide what you want to do. So I hope you'll choose your next action wisely. Because after that, Ms. Yu does not plan to show mercy."

With that, Lan Xichen left the room in a very solemn manner.

And reentered their office room. Jiang Cheng ran up to him as soon as he stepped through the door. "You idiot," he said, lightly punching him on the shoulder. "I can't believe you bluff your way out of that. You would've been so screwed if they wanted to personally read your fake report."

Wei Wuxian was right behind Jiang Cheng and he was hopping up and down, "When this is all over, I want to play a round of poker with you."

Lan Xichen scratched his cheek with a finger, feeling embarrassed. He sighed and looked up with wide eyes, finally registering everything, "Oh my goodness, did I really just bluff my way out of that?"

"..."

Lan Xichen fell onto the floor and he sighed dramatically, clutching his heart, "That was nerve-wracking. I seriously thought it was over when they kept insisting on seeing the investigation report!"