Chapter 8- Clearing the clouds

Chapter 8

The doorbell rang.

"Coming-!"

Lan Xichen got up from the couch, not bothering to turn off the news station. He opened the door and was surprised to see Wang Mingxing and Shu Lifen standing on the other side.

The pair smiled brightly at him, holding hands.

"..."

"May we come in?" Wang Mingxing asked.

Lan Xichen opened his door, trying not to look confused, and invited them inside for some tea.

"I have something to tell you two," Wang Mingxing said when they gathered around the living room, including Lan Wangji. He beamed and said, "We are getting married."

"..." Lan Xichen almost spit out his drink.

"Congratulations," Lan Wangji said with a hum.

"Oh, yes, c-congratulations," Lan Xichen repeated hastily, wiping his mouth.

"We want to invite you to our wedding," Wang Mingxing said, "It was all thanks to you that Lifen and I could be together happily after all." The beta and the omega smiled lovingly at each other, holding each other's hands.

"Congratulations," Lan Wangji said again.

"That's lovely... But it is?" Lan Xichen blinked with uncertainty, "But I thought I was the one who ruined your relationship. I feel like I did more harm than good. I'm sorry about what I did. It was not my place to do so."

"You did step out of the line but I wouldn't say you did more harm than good. Yes, I still can't believe you faked my medical report," Wang Mingxing shook his head, "That was outrageous of you. But in the end, it was thanks to everything that happened, that Lifen and I were able to understand and learn about each other more. Lifen explained everything to me. We promised not to keep secrets from each other anymore, and to trust one another."

"That's wonderful..." Lan Xichen smiled. "Congratulations. I'm really happy for you guys. Thanks for inviting Wangji and I, we'll definitely come."

"It'd be in autumn. It's Lifen's favorite season," Wang Mingxing said, smiling at his omega, who only had eyes for him.

"Oh, and please, don't misunderstand A-xian. It isn't what you think. A-xian, he was only trying to help me. He wanted to help me take a part of the company's shares so that I could have something to protect myself with. A-xian is a good person, he didn't have any bad intentions. So don't think too badly of him." Shu Lifen told the two jades as she and Wang Mingxing were about to leave.

Lan Xichen closed the door, with a complicated expression on his face. What did Shu Lifen mean by that? "Wangji... Do you think we might have misunderstood Mr. Wei?"

Lan Wangji didn't respond. Lan Xichen didn't blame him, after all, it was Wangji who's always been on the receiving end of Wei Wuxian's actions.

"...and on to our next story, a male server at XX nightclub downtown Shangqi has been arrested this morning for allegedly putting drugs into omegas' drinks. The suspect is now in custody and pending for...."

Lan Xichen snapped out of his thoughts and glanced at the TV. "...hey, Wangji, isn't that the club you went to last night-?"

"...that's him." Lan Wangji stared at the TV. It was the male attendant who brought the drinks to their room. Realization dawned on him.

"Wangji, we messed up, haven't we?"

Lan Wangji slowly nodded. "Mn."

"Okay, let's not panic," Lan Xichen nodded to himself, trying to sound calm. "There's still time to fix this. We owe Mr. Wei an apology. Wangji, meet me outside, I'm going to grab the car keys, and let's go clear our misunderstandings with Wei Wuxian."