Chapter 17- The blue earring

Chapter 17

"Oh, Wangji, would you like to help record our game?"

Lan Xichen asked as Lan Wangji walked past the two playing a round of Go in the living room. Lan Jingyi had his eyebrows creasing like tinfoil as he contemplated his next move. "Mn," the younger jade agreed and sat down in front of the two.

"I'll place my piece herreee..." Lan Jingyi slowly placed a smooth black stone on one corner of the board. Lan Xichen immediately put down his white piece. "Ah, shit!" Jingyi cried, "Never mind, can I take it back? I don't want to place it there anymore."

"Language, Jingyi," Lan Xichen chided before nodding. This was the fifth time Jingyi took back a move. They are making a mockery of Weiqi.

"How about we play another game?" Lan Xichen suggested after watching the skin between Lan Jingyi's eyebrows furrow so intensely in concentration he was afraid it'd leave a permanent crease.

"Okay!" Lan Jingyi said immediately with no hesitation. He pushed the Weiqi board aside and reached down to heave a green box onto the table with a thud. Lan Xichen could practically see the dust flying off the table. "Let's play Mahjong! How much are we betting?"

"..." Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji glanced at each other. Lan Xichen shrugged. Whatever keeps him distracted from calling that resort and buying two admission tickets to get to the two omegas. He needed to trust them. Wuxian and Wanyin have everything under control and he should give them a chance to prove themselves. They are just as capable as he and Wangji.

"So how much?" Lan Jingyi asked, sliding on a pair of sunglasses.

"..." Anyway, Lan Xichen probably should be more worried about this one.

*********************************************************************

"What in the world is going on?"

"Manager Yang!"

"I'll tell you what's going on, your hotel management is so impetuous that anyone can break into my room so easily!"

Peng Liqing complained angrily at her. He turned to his wife, "Unbelievable. And to think I was trying to spare you the worries about work and you manage to turn it against me!"

Wei Wuxian barely had time to get out of the way as the alpha stormed out of the room followed by the photographer and the model girl. Ms. Peng was frozen on the spot. What worries?

She heard a sigh and the beta slowly turned her head to see the manager sighing. "You must be Madam Peng," Manager Yang looked at her and smiled. "I'm this resort's account manager. Come, let's talk in my office. And you two, follow along, don't think I forgot about you two."

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng hastily followed the two women out of the room.

They were at Manager Yang's office again. Only this time, instead of standing in front of her desk with their heads hung in shame, the woman led them to a corner of her office where there was a coffee table and a few cozy seats by a bookshelf.

Manager Yang gestured at the woman to sit down in the armchair before she sat down too. Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian took the two-person sofa in front of the bookshelf.

"When the housekeeper came to tell me someone broke into one of the rooms, I didn't expect it to be you two again," The woman spoke, looking at the two omegas pointedly. Wei Wuxian smiled sheepishly.

"That is my fault," Ms. Peng said, sighing. "I was the one who broke in and the one who told these two to snoop around."

"I know. I've been told. It seems like you and your husband need to have a good rational talk."