Chapter 18- The Jiang Group

Chapter 18

"Good morning, people," yawned Wei Wuxian as he trudged down the stairs.

"Morning! Care for some waffles?" Lan Xichen turned to the other with a smile.

"Ooh, waffles for breakfast? Don't mind if I do!" The omega exclaimed, hurrying over.

"Well, it's more like brunch now," Lan Xichen replied. "But go ahead!"

Munching on blueberry waffles, Wei Wuxian watched as the older jade returned his attention back to the game he was watching earlier.

Wei Wuxian observed along with him. After a while, he whispered loudly, "Okay, I have no idea why they are staring at each other like that but I am super intrigued."

"I know... Consider it a mind game," Lan Xichen replied, leaning his head closer to Wei Ying and whispering, "Wanyin's trying to gamble back the money Jingyi lost." By the couch, Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng were silently shooting daggers at each other across the Weiqi board.

"Pfft, seriously? That I expected from Jiang Cheng but I didn't think Lan Zhan would actually keep Jingyi's money," Wei Wuxian chuckled. Lan Xichen smiled sideways, "Well... Wangji did offer the money back but you know, it's Wanyin."

"Yeah yeah, his pride and all," Wei Wuxian grinned. "You seemed pretty confident when you said it's Wanyin."

Lan Xichen smiled awkwardly, "Well, I..."

"No need to explain!" Wei Wuxian chirped, patting him on the arm. Just then, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Jiang Cheng grunted as he took the opportunity to jump up from the game he knew he could no longer win. And he knew that Lan Wangji knew that too. Grr, just looking at that smug expression on Lan Wangji's face wants Jiang Cheng to flip over the table! (There was no such expression on Lan Wangji's face.)

Jiang Cheng was plotting on how to push Wei Wuxian onto the board and make it look like an accident as he walked to the front door. He peered through the peephole and his eyes widened.

He opened the door almost involuntarily.

"Mother..." Jiang Cheng stammered, feeling his heart plummet to the bottom of his stomach. His mother was here. What was his mother doing here?

*********************************************************************

"So this is where you have been hiding." Yu Ziyuan's clear-cut voice was enough to penetrate metal. "How impetuous."

Jiang Cheng bit his lip as he followed silently behind his mother as she walked through the living room, surveying the place with those keen violent eyes that he inherited. Yu Ziyuan's loyal subordinates, Jinzhu and Yinzhu stood by the entrance, meaning, no, he could not make a run for it.

Wei Wuxian couldn't believe his eyes as he stood as rigid as a stick beside Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji, the three of them standing side by side like troubled kids waiting for their turn to be yelled at by the teacher. Auntie is here! She was definitely going to yell at him.