Chapter 27- Family matters

Chapter 27

"Where is he??"

"Over there! Hurry!"

Jingyi pointed them in the direction. When they reached there, they saw Jin Rusong sitting on the curb, clutching his arm to his chest. Standing near him was a man beside a car.

"I'm telling you, it's okay, you can go!"

The man ignored the boy's shout and turned to the approaching Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian. "Are you this boy's guardians? Listen, I didn't mean to hit the kid, I'm late to a meeting and he came out of nowhere. I don't need some lawyer calling me up later so I need to settle this now. I only bumped the kid on the side but he fell and landed funny."

Jin Rusong puffed out his cheeks angrily, "Then go to your meeting! I didn't say it's your fault!"

"Brat, be quiet," Jiang Cheng yapped at him. Jin Rusong shut his mouth but his eyes roamed angrily in childish reluctance.

It only took a moment for Wei Wuxian to sweet-talk the man to being on his way and then the two adults focused their attention on the boy hunching on the floor.

"Where does it hurt?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"Can you stand up?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"Are you going to die?" Jingyi asked.

"Lan Jingyi!" Jiang Cheng and Jin Rusong yelled in unison in his direction.

"Where did you learn to speak like that," Jiang Cheng berated him. Jingyi smiled sheepishly and Wei Wuxian snickered.

"Okay, heave ho my boy," Wei Wuxian said, hooking his arm over Jin Rusong's, pulling him off the floor.

"Ah-!" Jin Rusong winced when he tried to take a step.

"Hm, I think you might have broken your ankle," Wei Wuxian said.

Jin Rusong pursed his lips, "You aren't a doctor, how can you tell for sure?"

"Trust me, I know just as much," Wei Wuxian assured him.

"Playing Doctor Bunbun in primary school doesn't mean you know everything," Jiang Cheng said grimly.

"Oh, I remember doing that for school!" Jingyi said. "Our Doctor Bunbun accidentally stabbed a kid in the eye and Sizhui had to replace them."

"..."

"As Doctor Bunbun, not the kid," Jingyi added after a second thought.

Jin Rusong threw up his hands. "Um, hello?"

"Here, our house is just down the block, we can put some ice on your ankle, and I'll call Wen Qing over to take a look at you." Wei Wuxian said, bending over.

Jin Rusong stared at his exposed back, "Umm, what are you doing?"

"Offering you a piggy ride!" Wei Wuxian replied cheerfully. "Come on, hop on! You aren't going to hobble your way, are you?"

Jin Rusong was reluctant. Somehow he felt like he was safer if he tried crawling his way to the house than getting onto the man's back.

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes and gave Jin Rusong his arm. Jingyi's eyes lit up and he hurried to Rusong's other side and offered his arm. "Allow me, madam," He said with an exaggerated flourish.

Jin Rusong let out a huff of air but held onto them like walkers and they slowly struggled their way to the house. Wei Wuxian watched them with much amusement, following from behind. Jiang Cheng forced the boy onto the couch after they made it to the house.