Chapter 26- Kidnapped

Chapter 26

The doorbell chimes as Lan Xichen steps inside the tea shop. The small store was squashed between two bigger buildings, sitting at the corner of the bent street.

He smiled politely at the shop owner before walking over to where they stocked the tea and took a tea box from the shelves. He returned to the counter to pay for it.

"Jasmine tea as usual huh? Look at you, up so early," The owner said briskly as she charged him for the tea. Lan Xichen comes here often to buy tea and he was a regular customer. The lady was right, it was quite early; the sun was barely up yet.

Lan Xichen nodded and smiled gracefully. Then his gaze caught something on the shelf behind her, and he pointed at it and asked, "What sort of tea is that? I haven't seen that brand before." It had very bright packaging and was certainly eye-catching.

"Oh, that's just ginger tea," The lady replied, "It's new. It just came in an hour ago."

"Ginger tea?" Lan Xichen echoed. "Ginger tea..," Lan Xichen mused almost to himself. Then he looked up with a big smile and said, "I'll take a box please."

Lan Xichen left the shop with his purchase. It was barely six in the morning and there weren't a lot of cars on the road. Yet, he still managed to almost get run over as he was distracted, thinking about a joke that he wanted to tell a certain omega when he got home.

Lan Xichen hastily stepped back just before the tires could screech over his toes. Then his eyebrows furrowed slightly when he glanced up and realized; it was not his fault. The walk sign is lit up, the car should have stopped.

The car halted right in front of him. The door opened and a man stepped out of the car, wearing a black suit and sunglasses that matched the color of his vehicle.

Lan Xichen felt hands clasped upon his shoulders and he turned his head to see two other guys, same outfits and sunglasses, on either side of him, and he had no idea where they came from.

"..."

"Lan Xichen. Our master wants you to come with us." The man in front spoke up. He had a gruff voice with a strange accent.

"And if I refused?" Lan Xichen responded testily, eyeing the two guys on either side of him. Three against one... It wasn't looking great, but all he really needed to do was to get (run) away.

The man reached into his pocket and took out a small photocard that changed everything. "Then I'm afraid this person won't be so safe."

Lan Xichen's face lost a bit of its color. "What is it that you want?"

"I advise you to just comply with us. Jiang Wanyin would be fine as long as you come with us."

"...who's this master?" Lan Xichen asked.

"You'll see him when we arrive." The man answered. He waited for Lan Xichen's response.

The alpha sighed and began to reach for the car door.

The guy on his right stopped him. "Your phone."

"..." Lan Xichen turned off his phone and handed it to him.

The guy stared at him and moved his hand, waiting for something else. Lan Xichen's right eye twitched as he also handed his tea purchases to the man. "Do I get it back later?"