Chapter 1- Nightclubs

Wei Wuxian was running for his life.

"THERE HE IS!! GET HIM! THAT'S WEI WUXIAN!"

Er- well, he's running away from an angry mob of middle-aged women who were after his life. Or at the least, one or two of his fingers.

Damn, he really messed up big time, this time.

Wei Wuxian grits his teeth as he steps onto a fountain ledge and leaps over to the other side. He was the fastest omega back in school and was even able to compete with alphas. So why is he unable to outrun this group of middle-aged ladies??

Oh, maybe because some of them are getting onto scooters. So not fair!

They've been chasing him for an hour. Isn't it about time they give up and leave for their afternoon tea?

And where the fuck is Jiang Cheng?? He's supposed to come to save his ass any moment now!

Grr. This is all Lan Wangji's fault. Ohh, Wei Wuxian hated that name with a passion.

Lan. Wang. Ji. His cold-hearted enemy.

Fuck you!

If it hadn't been for that stupid belittling article, he wouldn't be trending on Weibo with a group of unhappy ex-wives and former girlfriends (not his) after his handsome head!

Well, and also if he had listened to Jiang Cheng this morning and not gone out like the omega advised he probably wouldn't be chased by an angry mob either. But have him tried to be on the trending page of Weibo! It's enough for one to need some fresh air.

And he has enough fresh air now! He's ready to go home! Jiang Cheng, come save me already!!! Wei Wuxian mentally cried.

The angry shouts of the ladies were still hot on his heels and Wei Wuxian began to contemplate whether to surrender or not. As fast as he was, he couldn't just run forever. Should he give up?

Ha, as if! The omega is no loser!

If Wei Wuxian could make it past this street and turn around at the corner, he may be able to slip into an alleyway without any of the relentless ladies noticing.

His plan was quickly ruined when a car came to a screeching halt right in front of him, blocking his path. Oh, come on!

Wei Wuxian also came to a stop, nearly crashing face-first into the car. He looked up with a more-than-just-irritated expression that quickly melted into a dumbstruck one when the driver's window rolled down and an all too familiar man appeared.

"Get in." Lan Wangji said coldly, making the slightest gesture with his chin.

Wei Wuxian only stared at him dumbly. The shouts of the mob were getting closer yet became faint as Wei Wuxian's gaze zeroed in on the man in front of him whose ever-cold and hardening gaze seemed to be trying to immobilize him from his very core with those light gold eyes of his.

It was Lan Wangji... His current number-one enemy... And the alpha came to his rescue? What is he, a damsel in distress or something?

The car's back seat window rolled down and Jiang Cheng poked his head out. He yelled at the omega, snapping him out of his daze.

"WELL, DON'T JUST STAND THERE! GET IN, LOSER!"

The omega regained his senses and quickly ran to the other side and got into the car. He slammed the door shut and screamed, "STEP ON IT!"

Lan Wangji stepped on the pedal and the car shot off, but not fast enough to escape the tomato that landed squarely on the window with a splat.

"..."