↳ 𝔭𝔬𝔱𝔞𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔞𝔩𝔞𝔡

REQUESTED anonymously on tumblr!

𝙒𝙊𝙍𝘿 𝘾𝙊𝙐𝙉𝙏 ; 1176

imagine no. one !

'✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝔫𝔦𝔠𝔨 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵'

𝘼/𝙉 ; the restaurant is based off of a 50s themed diner in my area and its so fucking cool and i wanna go again but it was so expensive so me writing about it will make me happy and i can manifest me going again

𝙎𝙐𝙈𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙔 ; request!

𝘊𝘞 ; depictions of anxiety, mentions of readers mother-son relationship

NICK X MACULINE READER

❝𝔭𝔬𝔱𝔞𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔞𝔩𝔞𝔡❞

hopping out of the car, excitement ran through your bones. and then utter fear snapped them right in half.

a draft of realization swifts through the street and hits you hard. you and nick have been going out for a few weeks now, but your still yet to meet his brothers. let alone any of his family for that matter. but now, you are.

you stand outside the 50s themed diner, chasing your hands nervously through your hair. worry presents you as you think about the possibility of matt and chris not taking a liking too you. so as you fix your hair, the only thing you can think of is if they hate me at least ill look fucking amazing.

pulling out your phone, you decide texting nick that your here is the best idea to get rid of the annoying jitters. to your surprise, he responds almost immediately, and rushes out of the building just as fast, if not faster.

"hey," he smiles, skidding to a stop in front of you. "nervous?"

you shrug. but its no use, your incredibly nervous and nick can see right through you. i guess that's what you get when you start dating your best friend; they know everything about you.

nick lightly frowns, reaching his hand out to soothingly rub your arm. "matt and chris are gonna love you." he giggles when you roll your eyes, squeezing your shoulder before dropping his hand. "at least you'll get a feel of what my parents are like, in a way."

you furrow your brows at the slightly shorter boy, "dont even start about me meeting your parents." you huff, sticking your hands in your pockets. "your brothers are scary enough and they are literally knock offs of you."

he smiles, a small laugh escaping his lungs as he reaches his hand out for yours. "man up, kid," he giggles. "im hungry as fuck."

amusedly rolling your eyes, you take nicks hand in yours. only to be quickly dragged into the diner.

walking in, your immediately welcomed by the timey atmosphere. there's a red radio sitting on the checkered counter gently playing various songs from elvis presley, buddy holly, and aretha franklin. the sweet sound of their recognizable voices drifting into through your brain as you gawk at the large mural on the wall. the wall consists of large hand painted pictures of marilyn monroe, elvis presley, and a few other celebrities of their time.

the energy of the diner easily cools down your nerves, distracting you from the oncoming hours. but its only for a few seconds until nicks voice rips you away from your haze.

"well, here they are!" he mumbles, making you turn to look at his two triplet brothers. you cant help but notice how flustered nick had gotten within the last 20 seconds. too, nervous of introducing you to his life long best friends.

matt stands up with a smile, reaching out to dap you up. "im chris, nice to meet you bro."

ah. you've never personally spoken to them, and nick mustve assumed you knew who was who, because you have it flipped around. mixing names with faces, assuming matt was chris, and that chris was matt.

never have you been more grateful to not speak your thoughts out loud. if you called chris by his brothers name, you would've turned around and left. left the country if you will.

"yeah, you too." you smile, dapping him up aswell.

the real matt stands up and leans over the table, giving you an unintentionally awkward side hug due to his position over the table. "matt, nice to meet you." he smiles.

"you too," you repeat, maintaining your smile. desperately trying to hold it and not look like an idiot.

"so," nick says through nervously clenched teeth, scratching the back of his neck as his eyes dart between you and his brothers. you meet his gaze and his eyes are wide with panic. skin flushed a soft pink as the nerves run through him.

you want to comfort him, but that's near to impossible when you seem to be just as nervous as he, maybe even more. you hate seeing nick freaked out, but what can you do?

you smile lightly, if you can't verbally comfort him you can at least try and play the part of being calm and not on the verge of an absolute freak out. he searches your eyes quickly before turning to his brothers.

they both flash you and nick reassuring grins, sensing your unease.

sucking in a shaky breath, you sit down first. the triplets following your action and immediately breaking out into questions.

clearly they have been holding off because they ask you things that you figured nick would've answered already. like when the two of you first met, did you have any classes together in high school, and so on. but that made you feel a little better. they wanted to ask you these questions themselves, and not from another person.

you slowly eased into the conversation, answers to random questions coming smoothly unlike they did a few minutes ago. seeing your tension slip away, nick eventually stopped staring at you making sure you were okay. your comfort made his comfort welcomed again. you getting along with his brothers was the one thing he had been most worried about since the four of you scheduled this.

once the waitress finally makes their round and ends up at your table, you all make your orders. she leaves, and your quickly bombarded with questions again.

nick's laugh rings through the air, immediately fueling your heart with warmth as he smiles. "guys, lets chill out. this isn't an interrogation."

chris teasingly rolls his eyes, "can i just ask one more question? please? this will be the last one i swear to god."

nick shoots a glance at you, checking if you had any input on this. you just shrug your shoulders in response. honestly enjoying the attention as much as you hate to admit. he huffs, "last one."

"okay," chris giggles, putting his hands together. you turn to look at him, waiting for him to go on. "me and matt gotta know. how's your moms potato salad?"

"chris." nick hisses.

matt and chris immediately break out into laughter. not having any idea what they mean, you answer truthfully.

you smile, "i love her potato salad."

"uh oh," matt giggles. eyes comically widening as he puts a hand up to hide his growing laughter. he turns to look at chris and they share a look, resulting in more laughter.

nick turns to face you, a look of annoyance sitting on his face. "ignore them."

his remark only makes you seem to laugh too. at this point, you have no idea what your laughing at. nick stays expressionless for several more seconds before he cracks and smiles too, playfully rolling his light eyes.

A/N TWO ; i hate potato salad im honestly w nick on this one #top10biggestfears