↳ 𝔠𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔩𝔢𝔰

𝙒𝙊𝙍𝘿 𝘾𝙊𝙐𝙉𝙏 ; 603

imagine no. thirty-four !

'✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝔪𝔞𝔱𝔱 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵'

𝘼/𝙉 ; i love making candles

𝙎𝙐𝙈𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙔 ; candle making

𝐂𝐖! language, not proofread

❝𝔠𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔩𝔢𝔰❞

"which scent do you wanna use?" you asked giddily, one of your favorite parts of october is the tradition of making candles that you started a few years ago.

every october 1st, you make candles, whether it be by yourself, or with a friend. but this year you finally get to introduce the tradition to matt. which is why you now stand in a candle shop, trying to help your indecisive boyfriend pick out a scent.

"i don't know," he groans, running a hand through his coffee-colored hair. "either cinnamon pine or pumpkin, but they're both basic and i don't want that."

you giggles lightly, walking up beside him, adjusting the tote bag slung over your shoulder. "that's okay," you smile, rubbing your thumb across the nape of his neck. "i can make cinnamon pine and you can make the pumpkin one."

he turns to meet your eyes, furrowing his brows. "you sure? you can pick whatever you want it doesn't have to be one of these."

pressing a soft kiss to his shoulder, you shake your head. "i've made a million candles, i can go once without picking a scent for myself," you reassure. "and i'll make a million more."

matt flushes red, smiling bashfully as he turns away. turning back to meet you're eyes, "okay."

you grab the two oils before taking a sip of your coffee and dragging him to the front.

. . .

"you just need a few cubes of wax," you demonstrate, grabbing enough wax cubes for both of your candles and placing them in a metal sauce pot. he nods, wrapping his arms around you from behind, placing his chin on your shoulder.

"just keep stirring it as it melts," you say, handing him an old rusty spoon. the same one you've been using since you started just so you don't mess anymore up.

he takes the spoon and gently stirs it a circular motion, watching as the cubes meld together. eventually making a thick liquid.

"okay now," you mumble, standing up straighter to pull to plastic bowls out of the cabinet once matt steps back, and placing them on the countertop. "we put a few drops of oil in the wax."

matt hums, equally distributing the melted wax into the bowls before picking up the pumpkin scented oil.

letting a few drops fall out of the tiny bottle and into your bowl. stirring it together.

"we'll put them in the glasses in a second," you informed once you we're both done. spinning around to press a soft kiss to his lips. pulling away, he chases after your lips. bringing you back into his hold. you giggle, running your thumb over his freckled nose.

. . .

"why is yours so strong?" taking another whiff of his pumpkin candle, you laugh, knitting your brows together. you just lit your candles and his is insanely strong.

he shrugs, "dunno. i think i put to much in," he giggles.

blowing his out, you nod with a smile, "yeah maybe yours can be for decoration."

rolling his eyes playfully, he pulls you in for a kiss. "how do i know you didn't secretly pour the whole bottle in when i wasn't looking?"

laughing, you smile brightly up to him, "oh yeah i did, i really wanted to sabotage your candle making skills."

"i knew it!" he teases with a grin.

pulling him in for another kiss you smile at the blue eyed boy, "hey at least your pretty!"

he scoffs with a smile, quickly turning around to blow at your candle in a counteract to your playful insult. "fuck you."

"that was unnecessary!"