1: the ruthless beau

Original Chpaters (Manwha): 1-8
1: the ruthless beau

.

.

With life, there was death.

With light, there were shadows.

With sane people, obviously, there were bound to be people who had loose screws in their heads. One such example would be finding pleasure in bullying someone. Bullies do it for the sake of entertainment and others do it to vent their own weakness on people weaker than them while some do it just because they can.

Ahn Eun-Byeol knew exactly how far bullies were willing to do just to satisfy their urges. Although, Eun-Byeol himself was not one of the nicest humans in the world. In fact, he shouldn't be criticizing the so-called bullies. It made Eun-Byeol quite the hypocrite.

In fact, compared to his superiors who liked picking on him, what Eun-Byeol could do would probably send him to jail for a lifetime. If he was lucky, it would just be a couple of decades. But by then, Eun-Byeol would have turned into a wrinkly old man. He refused such a future so Eun-Byeol restrained his true self, and decided to play an act for the world to see.

Nonetheless, someone had seen through his act, as if Eun-Byeol was an open book. He had never noticed that person before even though they worked in the same company. According to Eun-Byeol, that person appeared to be ordinary-looking. Nothing seemed special about him other than how his eyes were glued on the screen of the phone every break time.

Kim Dokja. That was his name.

Eun-Byeol had never seen someone so dedicated before. He once took a peek at whatever Kim Dokja was reading but Eun-Byeol lost interest when he saw that it was a webnovel. He thought that it might be something interesting, something like a secret he could blackmail Kim Dokja with...

Anyway, Eun-Byeol still had some documents to work with but figured it would be better to do it tomorrow. Picking up his stuff, Eun-Byeol just locked the door to his office when he caught sight of the very person he once planned to blackmail.

Kim Dokja raised his gaze, startled to find team leader Ahn Eun-Byeol staring at him. "S, Sunbae, good evening."

Eun-Byeol smiled, pocketing the key. "Good evening, Dokja-shi. How come you're late to go home today? Public transport at this time must be crowded. "

"Well, not that crowded. It's still alright around this time. I can still find a seat at least." Dokja mumbled under his breath but since the hallway was devoid of any other living organisms at the moment, the walls amplified his voice, even startling him a bit. When he heard Eun-Byeol laugh, Dokja suddenly felt as if he was walking on thin ice.

Ahn Eun-Byeol.

He was infamous in the company.

And Dokja had heard about him ever since he started working there. Team leader Eun-Byeol came from a poor family, the kind of poor that could barely eat a meal a day. Some of their colleagues used to be team leader Eun-Byeol's classmates so his family circumstances spread in the company. Since team leader Eun-Byeol was pretty, to the point that even beautiful women envied him, team leader Eun-Byeol became a target of bullying.

But this pretty team leader, who seemed harmless outside, retaliated almost instantly. When a woman of higher ranking insulted him during a meeting, team leader Eun-Byeol poured a steaming cup of coffee over that woman's head. Everyone knew he liked his drinks hot, one that would leave a normal person's tongue scalding.

In the end, that woman ended up crying from the pain and was sent to the nearest hospital. Even then, the higher-ups present remained neutral. After all, team leader Eun-Byeol was a very efficient worker.