20: the Nameless, Binna (2)

Original Chapters (Manhwa): 80~???
20: the Nameless, Binna (2)

.

.

Antinus was kicked out of Lee Seolhwa's body but her strength overwhelmed both Dokja and Eun-Byeol.

The reader couldn't even dodge in time and the beau could barely escape unscathed. Eun-Byeol took the reader with him lest Dokja got hurt again. Fortunately, Kim Dokja remembered that he still had the Protection Symbol of the Imyuntar and summoned Lycaon Isparang.

Both the wolf and insect fought it out while Dokja and company watched at the side.

Kim Dokja heaved a sigh of relief. As luck would have it, Lycaon gained some enlightenment earlier and suppressed Antinus. Amidst his relief, Antinus grew even more desperate. Instead of battling to the death with Lycaon, she headed straight for the meteorite.

The first to react was none other than Eun-Byeol.

[Your skill, Mental Manipulation, has been activated.]

Instantly, Eun-Byeol suffered a heavy nosebleed. This skill was more human-oriented. If the target was of different specie, he would suffer a drawback. A wave of dizziness hit Eun-Byeol but he stood his ground. The moment his skill reached Antinus, the Parasite Queen released an ear-piercing screech.

Intact glass windows shattered into fragments. Even Binna and Junghyuk, who were quite a ways away, covered their ears.

However, Eun-Byeol underestimated Antinus' desperation. Despite the splitting headache that would have rendered a normal being into unconsciousness, Antinus kept heading for the meteorite, though her speed considerably slowed down. This gave Dokja enough time to catch up and slice the Parasite Queen in half.

Her cut up body fell on the ground, silence permeating in the area. Dokja panted, wondering if he made it in time. When nothing happened, he couldn't help but release the tension in his shoulders. Quickly, he ran back to his sunbae, only to find him kneeling on the ground with Lycaon beside him, holding a cloth soaked in blood.

"Sunbae!"

Worried, Dokja crouched down, cupping his sunbae's face with both hands. He ignored the blood that stained his palms, and tilted Eun-Byeol head side to side. "How did you get hurt?! Were you poisoned by Antinus?! Why didn't you tell me, sunbae?!" Was he trying to keep up his 'I'm strong, I'm crazy, what's wrong with being a little hurt,' act?

That was just stupid.

So incredibly stupid.

"No, no," came his sunbae's groggy reply. "Remember my skill's drawback on non-human beings?"

"Still stupid!" Dokja yelled in worry. "You know it's a skill against humans, why use it on her?!"

"Sorry? Is this coming from you who threatened me by killing yourself?" A smile that was not a smile appeared on his sunbae's lips.

"..." Dokja was rendered speechless.

Right.

He shouldn't be reprimanding someone else when he himself resorted to suicidal actions to achieve his goal. "Dokja-shi ah," his sunbae acted cute, and he did look cute, so incredibly cute despite the blood smeared on his face. "I didn't get to vent my anger on Antinus when you killed her. What should you do to make it up to me?"