18: thoughts of a regressor

Original Chapters (Manhwa): 76~78
18: thoughts of a regressor

.

.

"Where are you?!"

A miserable cry reached the heavens. The world burned with unquenchable flames, covering the sky in deep ominous fumes. It blocked the sunlight, covering the world in flickering shadows. A lone figure walked through the carnage, hopeless and alone.

The only warmth she ever had in her life was nowhere to be seen. She searched for years, for tens of years, yet not a shadow of her brother could be seen. The air felt heavy, with each breath she took, her lungs burned.

"Are you okay?

"How are you doing?

"I hope you're not hurt.

"Please be safe.

"Brother, where are you?

"I'm sorry."

She stumbled and fell, no longer having the strength to stand up. She simply turned around, facing the unseen sky. No longer having any tears to shed, no longer having the strength to look further.

"I shouldn't have been stubborn.

"I should have stayed ignorant and holed up in our home.

"I shouldn't have been curious.

"If it weren't for me...

"Brother, you have to hate me, okay?

"Hate me so that I can feel better.

"Don't love me anymore.

"No more. Not when I hurt you, please."

...

Ahn Binna hummed while clinging onto her brother's arm, nudging the unmoving figure on the ground with the tip of her shoes. A pair of icy eyes glared at her but Binna simply stuck her tongue. "Yo, Yoo Junghyuk, never thought I'd see you miserable like this~" Binna snickered while nudging Junghyuk's head with her foot.

Her brother joined her and laughed as well, causing Junghyuk's expression to darken even more.

[The constellation, Secretive Plotter, is in disbelief.]

"Alright, alright," Kim Dokja pulled the siblings away lest they aggravated the regressor further. "Don't tease him too much. I still have to make an antidote for him so can you behave yourselves?" If this guy suddenly decided to regress, even Dokja wouldn't be able to stop him right now.

"Will he die if you don't give him the antidote," his sunbae inquired. "I think being quiet suits him quite well, don't you think so? I won't have to hear him speak nonsense."

Binna busted out laughing.

Yoo Junghyuk, with the only strength he could muster, glowered in the beau's direction. He couldn't even verbally refute due to the poison.

The reader himself sighed helplessly, buying the ingredients from the Dokkaebi Shop while they were busy riling up the regressor. He kept a careful eye on his sunbae, making sure that he didn't provoke Junghyuk too much. After all, his sunbae had the talent to make others throw up blood out of anger.

For now, Dokja focused on making the antidote. Even if Junghyuk did get better and try to maim him, there was still his sunbae who could stop this regressor from committing murder or unaliving himself.