11: the protective beau

Original Chapters (Manhwa): 42~46
11: the protective beau

.

.

Kim Dokja approached Yoo Junghyuk's unconscious body. "Yoo Junghyuk, you vowed to live for the greater good if you could no longer find the will to go on."

Only these two, the reader and the protagonist, were near each other. Although Ahn Eun-Byeol wanted to take Dokja away, he could tell it wasn't the right time. So, he took Gilyoung in his arms and urged Jihye and Huiwon away, where they wouldn't be able to eavesdrop. In truth? Eun-Byeol was also dying to know what Dokja was saying.

"Do you know what we went through to get here?" Dokja heaved a sigh as he sat beside Junghyuk, even poking the unconscious protagonist on the head with the hilt of his sword. "I almost suffered through several heart attacks. If you just obediently went through the scenario, would we be here?"

"I am the only living thing left in this world."

[Personal Skill, The Fourth Wall, is resonating.]

"I'm all alone."

A wave of sadness and helplessness hit Kim Dokja. He eyed Junghyuk's unchanging expression, not sure what exactly this guy was dreaming of. "How are you alone," the reader poked Junghyuk's face again. "When you died in the Cinema Dungeon like an idiot,

"When you were crying over your dead sister, when you died after the prophet's betrayal,

"When you had a child with the person you loved for the first time,

"When you went raving mad after your child died,

"When you fought the demon king and opposed the returnees,

"When you helped the outer gods and fought against the reincarnated,

"And when you finally stood before the constellations, I've watched you struggle to survive. I, too..."

Kim Dokja raised his head, staring far away into nothingness.

"I'm sorry."

Those two words pulled Kim Dokja out of his thoughts.

"I'm sorry, Byeol."

"What—" the reader sat up straight in shock. You, did he just say sunbae's name...? This piece of news stunned Kim Dokja. If his sunbae was connected to the protagonist of TWSA, how come the webnovel never mentioned him at all? Dokja was missing crucial information. He could only pry it out of Yoo Junghyuk. What's worse however, was that Yoo Junghyuk genuinely didn't know Eun-Byeol sunbae from what Dokja observed so far.

It was the same case for his sunbae. The beau even appeared hostile towards Yoo Junghyuk.

Frustrated, Dokja made a mess of his hair. Sunbae, who are you really? Deciding to think about it later after reuniting with Sangah and Hyunsung, Dokja got up to his feet. He walked towards his sunbae and the rest.

"How is master?" Lee Jihye asked first with an anxious look.

"He's fine," it was Eun-Byeol sunbae who answered with a smile. "If he isn't, I'll throw him off the roof." His answer made Jihye puff her cheeks. This brought Huiwon to laughter.

The reader found this sight to be comforting, his gaze landing on a certain beau. Eun-Byeol sunbae noticed his stare, expression almost glowing. "Dokja-shi, don't tell me you fell for me when you saw how amazing I was?~"

"Maybe," Dokja decided to humor his sunbae. "Sunbae was so handsome that my heart couldn't help but flutter." The sound of someone choking stunned not only him but also everyone else. Eun-Byeol sunbae's ever-smiling face had grown so red that he resembled a rose. Instantly, the curious Dokja activated his skill, completely forgetting how traumatic the last time he did so.