5: the crazy beau

Original Chapters (Manhwa): 26~29
5: the crazy beau

.

.

"What do you think was our world like before the day of revelation?"

"You mean before the start of The Catastrophe?"

"Yeah. I heard that before that, our world didn't have any skills or what not. It was just an ordinary world, like the planetary systems still on trial period."

"I'm not sure. Written history has long been lost in the crevices of time. No one knows what our world was like before The Catastrophe."

"Sigh. I really want to know!"

"Then, let's discover history, shall we?"

The little girl opened her eyes in excitement. "Really?! I really get to know what happened back then?"

"Trust me. I'll show you the world of when humans lived in more peaceful times."

.

.

A hand held onto Kim Dokja tightly, afraid of letting go. Dokja himself didn't mind, especially not after what happened earlier. There was even a smaller hand, belonging to Gilyoung, that clung onto his clothes. Two vulnerable humans, seeking comfort in Kim Dokja.

The reader was not used to his sunbae being so quiet. He'd rather see a smile and hear his sunbae make threats instead of keeping silent like this. Dokja peeked through the corner of his eyes, finding Eun-Byeol sunbae staring into space. The illusory prison brought out one's most traumatizing memories and Dokja didn't blame his sunbae and Gilyoung for being clingy.

If both of them felt safe with him, he didn't mind them clinging to him for comfort.

As the group walked down the tunnel, the end of the tunnel came to sight and they knew that the station should be near now. However, they came to a halt when a voice called out to them.

"Who are you people?" Standing against the light was a thin yet strong figure, an unsheathed sword aiming in their direction. "Don't you know that these hunting grounds belong to us?" The young girl narrowed her eyes, prepared to fight if Dokja's group made any sudden move.

However, the glistening crystals held in Dokja's other hand caught her attention. "Did you... arrive here after defeating the spectres? How...? Only the master knows how to defeat them!"

...

[Main Scenario #2 - The Encounter]

Category: Main
Difficulty: E
Clear Conditions: Get through the tunnel and meet with the survivor of the first shelter zone.
Time Limit: None
Reward: 500 coins
Penalty for Failure: ???

[Main Scenario #2 - The Encounter has been completed.]

[Rewards will be calculated.]

...

[You have entered Chungmuro.]

Ahn Eun-Byeol managed to recollect himself at last but he didn't let go of Kim Dokja's hand. Instead, he read the many status windows popping up in front of him. He saw the words #SA-1134 as well. Come to think of it, this dokkaebi hasn't shown itself since the first main scenario. What a pity. I wanted to try and squish him to death.

[The third main scenario is currently in progress.]

This made Eun-Byeol wonder what the third scenario will be. "Dokja-shi." Came Eun-Byeol's hoarse voice.