7: the heartless beau

Original Chapters (Manhwa): 30~33
7: the heartless beau

.

.

"Sunbae!"

That sudden exclamation filled with worry startled Ahn Eun-Byeol as he reached their rendezvous point. The sight of Ahn Eun-Byeol soaked in blood from head to toe stunned everyone. Gilyoung rushed towards the beau, brows furrowed as the child held onto Eun-Byeol's bloody pants.

"B, Byeol-hyung..."

"Sunbae!" Dokja appeared swift as the wind, holding onto the beau's shoulder. "What happened?! Who did you fight with?!" How come he's this hurt?! From what I know, only Gong Pildu of the Ten Evils should be here at Chungmuro! Who's strong enough to hurt sunbae this badly?!

"Dokja-shi." Eun-Byeol stifled a laughter from escaping his lips. "I'm fine. None of this is mine."

In an instant, everyone grew quiet before they released several sighs of relief.

Huiwon: "I knew we were overreacting. Eun-Byeol-nim is too strong to get that injured."

Hyunsung: "Eun-Byeol-nim is so strong! But you usually come out clean after fights?"

Sangah: "I don't think we found clothes around sunbae's size."

Gilyoung: "I have a spare towel."

Gilyoung rummaged through his bag, pulling out a white towel and handing it over to Eun-Byeol. The beau smiled and thanked the child, making sure not to dirty Gilyoung. Eun-Byeol wiped the blood off his face, revealing his angelic features. "Have I worried you guys? I had an important business to deal with, I'm sorry if I frightened you, especially Gilyoung."

Even though Eun-Byeol didn't say anything, they knew that this 'business' involved another human, not a monster. After all, there were still a few minutes left before the monsters arrived. The only other living organism at the station was humans.

"It's okay," Gilyoung shook his head in reassurance. "Mister is not someone who kills without thinking. I'm sure mister has a good reason to do what you did."

The beau paused for a moment, not expecting for Gilyoung to say something like that. "You know, if this whole thing hadn't happened, I'd love to adopt you, Gilyoung~ My sister would have a blast having you as a nephew."

Eun-Byeol's affectionate words made Gilyoung flustered.

Seeing that everything was going well, Kim Dokja could finally release most of the tension in his shoulders. Since the start of this 'paywall', Eun-Byeol sunbae maintained his pristine appearance. Him appearing like he bathed in a sea of blood was a first. After all, the beau tried not to get himself dirty this whole time.

"Sunbae, here, take my coat." Though, it's a bit short on him— Dokja's thoughts halted once Eun-Byeol sunbae took off his clothes. It wasn't that Dokja was surprised to see his angelic sunbae possessing such a ripped body, but that many crisscrossing scars covered every inch of his skin.

Was that why Eun-Byeol sunbae always buttoned his dress shirts all the way up to his neck? And that no one in Mino Soft had seen him roll up his sleeves even when the weather turned scorching hot.

Fortunately, Lee Hyunsung had some spare pants in his bag so he lent them to Eun-Byeol. The angelic sunbae suddenly appeared a little roughish with a torso filled with scars.

Kim Dokja gave his sunbae a hidden thumbs up.

...

The plan appeared simple enough.