30: the gamer and the manager

Original Chapters: ???
30: the gamer and the manager

.

.

A voice that often spoke to him in a disgusted tone.

"Remember to hide your face, being a manager is just a hobby of mine so don't give me too much trouble, okay?"

Yet now it spoke to him with helplessness and a hint of annoyance.

"Well, that's that, really. Eun-Byeol out."

The call ended just like that.

Junghyuk remained frozen, unable to process the current situation. It was not until a status window popped up in front of him that the regressor managed to react.

A personal sub scenario? And this constellation, I don't think I've seen that name before. Junghyuk's eyes narrowed, reading what this scenario was all about.

Then... the questions I've been asking, I can now find the answers?

.

.

.

.

Yoo Junghyuk realized quickly when and where he was.

This was the company building where he signed as a professional gamer. At the moment, his career was on its peak so Eun-Byeol's warning wasn't a surprise. However, what Junghyuk kept thinking about was Why couldn't I remember having a manager?

His memory drew a blank. Had he ever had a manager? Was this scenario playing with him? But that can't be it.

[Clear Condition(s): The constellation Love Me 'Till Death gives you the chance to unearth the history burried deep in your hearts. However, don't get too caught up in the past for you shall remain stuck in time if you are unable to untangle the knots in your hearts.

1. Find the answer to: Who are you?
2. Answer the question: Do you regret?]

The clear conditions stated the task in a straightforward manner. This was the past he forgot, the one 41st round's Yuseung revealed earlier. Yoo Junghyuk tapped the desk in a rhythmic manner, wondering what he should do now. At the same time he glanced at the time, a notification popped out from the side of the monitor's screen.

'Pick up Mia. Be on time.' the note said.

Yoo Mia. His little sister.

Come to think of it, he'd been trying to search for her but hadn't had the chance to catch a single glimpse of her hair. There was no time to find her location because the scenario kept him on edge. Anyway, the farther she was from the main battle, the safer she would be.

Finally finding the resolve to go through this sub scenario, Junghyuk left the gaming chair and took the elevator to the ground floor. He met many unfamiliar yet familiar faces on the way, returning their greeting at the same time.

However, he couldn't remember any of their names.

This was odd.

He took a cab to Mia's school instead of the bus and he began thinking at the back. First of all, I have no recollections of Byeol being my manager, much less having one, at least. However, this answers the question why I find him familiar.

The second questions he had were: why did he feel guilty towards Eun-Byeol? What exactly did Junghyuk do for 41st round's Yuseung to say what she said? Why did it involve his pride?