16: the experienced beau

Original Chapters (Manhwa): 67~72
16: the experienced beau

.

.

The underground laboratory had an area of about 50sqm, with various cabinets that contained questionable substances and materials. Unsurprisingly, it wasn't as deserted-looking as one would have thought. Only a thick layer of dust would tell that the laboratory had been unused for many years. The items and equipments were of top-notch quality so it wasn't a surprise if they lasted this long without maintenance.

There were two other rooms beside the lab—the office and a storage room. Inside the office sat a certain beau, ankles crossed and hands folded under his chin while he sat on the office chair. His hair was wet and slicked back, revealing a clear pair of murderous eyes. One might ask why he hadn't left the laboratory yet.

It was because the key had been thrown away many, many years ago.

Why not destroy the door?

Any force applied that exceeded what the laboratory could handle would make the entire place explode, causing a cave in.

That was his first dilemma.

His second dilemma came in the form of his trauma.

He could barely stay in the lab without his memories suddenly resurfacing. The moment he realized where he was, he fled to the office in a heartbeat. Now, he was thinking how he was going to leave this place without getting injured. "Decisions, decisions, ah. Do I stay here until I die or do I destroy the door and get injured?"

Of course he had a choice. It was either he die or he get injured and force his way out. However, he had sworn not to get hurt, just because Dokja asked him to.

[The constellation, Love Me Till Death, says you should find something to eat soon.]
[The constellation, Spiders Are The Best, is curious about this place.]
[The constellation, Demonic Judge Of Fire, asks what sort of place this is.]
[The constellation, Lord Of The Watery Abyss, is dying to see you take off your pants.]
[The constellation, Secretive Plotter, reprimands the constellation, Lord Of The Watery Abyss.]

"I'm not hungry yet but sure. I'll definitely leave this place soon. You want to know about this place? Well, it's not a fun place nor a place you should be curious about. Many experiments were conducted here that had gone against the law and human rights. My pants? No, thank you. I'm not a fan of being an exhibitionist." The regular constellations interacting with him were crazier than the next.

Ah.

But who was he to say that?

If anything, he was crazier than them.

Now that his mood improved somewhat, Ahn Eun-Byeol approached the cabinet located near the door. He pulled out a sleeveless shirt from one of the drawers—a shirt that used to belong to his old man. Putting it on, he sniffed it and thanked this underground facility's quality that it didn't make the sweater smell nasty. Of course, he also took some spares just in case his clothes gets ripped again in the future.

The beau stood before the door, hand hovering over the doorknob. It's fine, I'll destroy the door and get out as quickly as possible. I'll just heal myself before I go find Dokja-shi and the rest. The door creaked open, revealing the lab. The first thing that greeted Eun-Byeol was the surgery bed. In an instant, several memories resurfaced into the forefront of his mind.

It made his complexion turn as pale as a sheet of paper. Really, how come the past still bothers me when I've already done even more disgusting things after that? He walked across the room, each step as heavy as iron. It took him five minutes to reach the door, his palms feeling clammy as he suppressed his traumatic memories.