8: the vengeful beau

Original Chapters (Manhwa): 34~37
8: the vengeful beau

.

.

A few hours ago...

Yoo Junghyuk observed his hand.

At the time when monsters crawled in the tunnel, starting to overwhelm both Ahn Eun-Byeol and Kim Dokja, something sharp poked his brain. It appeared so fast and disappeared just as quickly. Just as he was about to make his decision, something in the air shifted. A bloodlust so thick that breathing became difficult.

It alarmed Junghyuk, to the point that he drew his sword and prepared for battle. However, instead of aiming towards them, the bloodlust seemed to target the endless spawning of Ground Rats. One by one, the monsters fell like puppets cut off the strings. The death of each Ground Rat only had an interval of a fourth of a second. For every second that passed, four Ground Rats were killed.

This rate of killing stunned Junghyuk who could barely believe his eyes. By the time the duration of the scenario ended, the tunnel was almost filled to the brim by Ground Rat corpses. Lee Gilyoung, who managed to get out of his loosened hold, ran towards the corpses.

"Dokja! Byeol-hyung!" The child kept calling out, eyes brimming with unshed tears.

Junghyuk watched on silently, not until some corpses began moving. Coming out from underneath was none other than Ahn Eun-Byeol who carried Kim Dokja in his arms. What stunned Junghyuk the most was that most of Ahn Eun-Byeol's flesh was torn off. His bones began peeking out through the wounds, most of them looked so horrible as if a pack of wolves ate him for dinner.

His clothes barely hung onto his body at this point. With each step he took, a puddle of blood formed beneath his feet.

The protagonist couldn't help but shudder from the uncanny familiarity he could feel at this scene. It was like he had seen something similar like this before.

"Byeol-hyung!"

Lee Gilyoung felt his heart almost jump out of his chest when he saw his hyung's state. Even if he wanted to hug him, Gilyoung couldn't because of the degree of severity of his hyung's injuries. If it was any other normal person, they might be already dead at this point in time and yet, Ahn Eun-Byeol still had the strength to smile and reassure the child.

"Gilyoung-ah, why do you have that look on your face?~ Your hyung is alright. Why don't we get Dokja-shi somewhere comfortable first?"

Gilyoung sniffed and instead of holding onto Eun-Byeol, he held onto Dokja's hand. The child was afraid of hurting Eun-Byeol any further.

Ahn Eun-Byeol was just about to walk ahead when he recalled what Dokja said earlier. The beau stopped and turned his head, catching Junghyuk's hazy gaze. A smile like no other, one even brighter than the sun, formed on Eun-Byeol's lips.

At first, he just didn't like Yoo Junghyuk because Eun-Byeol could sense that both of them were almost similar in strength. But now? There was a touch of hatred in his heart towards that man.

"Yoo Junghyuk-ah, don't let me see you again. You don't know how much I hate you right now~"

[The constellation Secretive Plotter is speechless.]

Yoo Junghyuk furrowed his eyebrows. "It's not like I want to see your face either."

"Good!" Ahn Eun-Byeol laughed. "Because thinking about just seeing you in the future makes me nauseous."

[The constellation Secretive Plotter is even more speechless.]
[The constellation Spiders Are The Best wants you to whack him in the face.]
[The constellation Lord Of The Watery Abyss is excited for the future murder.]
[The constellation Love Me Till Death supports your wishes.]