23: the Nameless, Binna (5)

Original Chapters (Manhwa): ???~???
23: the Nameless, Binna (5)

.

.

So listless.

Since that afternoon, Dokja watched his sunbae lie on the sofa without lifting a single limb. He resembled a doll, so pretty yet so lifeless. The reader tried everything to get him to move.

Biting his finger.

Squeaking right next to his ear.

Hell, he even sat on his sunbae's face.

However, none of them elicited any reaction. Even when he yelled the most ridiculous things, his sunbae acted as if he didn't hear anything.

His sunbae... was really determined to die here.

"Squeak." What about Binna?

This time, his sunbae's lashes trembled.

"Squeak squeak." Who's going to take care of your sister?

"... what sister?" Ahn Eun-Byeol heard the loud beats of his heart. "Those two? My parents making a sister? You have to be joking. I was an accident. There's no way they would purposely make another one. But, ah," Eun-Byeol hugged himself, falling quiet again. "It would be best that she dies in the womb. Being born to that pair of people... is the unluckiest thing that could happen to her."

Dokja thought that his sunbae would act like a doll again when a pair of brown eyes looking straight at him startled the hamster. "Say, why are you... why do you keep doing that? As if you're trying to convince me to stay alive? I've only taken care of you for four days. Uh, well, it was mostly you taking care of yourself. I just provided you a place to stay."

The teen suddenly laughed. "I'm such a dumbass. Even if you're not a normal hamster, why do I treat you like a human? I must be nuts. I'm definitely nuts. These four days, I've been so talkative that it's so out of character."

A deep breath escaped his lips. "But seriously, there's nothing tying me down here anyway. If I have to live miserably for the rest of my life, why don't I just kill myself to get things over with?"

"Squeak!" No, you can't!

Kim Dokja the Hamster climbed Eun-Byeol's face, grabbed his sunbae's nose with both paws, and squeezed it as best as he could. "Squeak squeak!" There are people out there still waiting for you to come back!

"Squeak? Squeak squeakkkkk?!" What about Binna then? Are you just going to leave her alone?!

"Why do you keep mentioning Binna?!" The last string of his patience snapped at last. Eun-Byeol snatched the hamster, holding it tightly in his fist. Binna this, Binna that. Could it just shut up already?

Dokja struggled in Eun-Byeol's grip, gasping for air. He forgot that his sunbae didn't know him right now, and that if he crossed a line, his life could be in danger. The sunbae he had gotten to know was someone who would hold his temper in, who would do anything but hurt him.

What was he supposed to do now?

"Binna ah,"

Dokja, who almost died of suffocation, greedily gasped for air when his sunbae loosened his grip. Fortunately, Dokja fell on the sofa. Through his blurry vision, he found his sunbae leaning at the back of the sofa, staring at the ceiling yet again.

Silence permeated once more in this dull, monotonous afternoon. The whistling winds disappeared, along with the rustling leaves. The hustle and bustle of the streets were as quiet as it could be, so quiet as if time stood still.