13: the bashful beau

Original Chapters (Manhwa): 55~57
13: the bashful beau

.

.

Yoo Junghyuk sensed a malicious stare burning a hole right on his face. When he checked the culprit, it turned out to be Ahn Binna, Eun-Byeol's younger sister. The regressor was not sure but that little girl seemed to direct all the hatred she could muster unto him. He wondered what he did to offend her since he had not met her at all.

Well, Junghyuk did have an inkling of familiarity towards the Ahn siblings. Perhaps that little girl knew something he and Eun-Byeol did not know.

The regressor took steps forward one by one before stopping in front of Binna, who resembled a cat whose furs stood on end. "What are you doing here," the little girl grew wary of him, as expected. "Shoo, go away. Don't come near my brother. You'll infect him with your stupidness." Junghyuk's eye twitched at her words.

What infecting of stupidness?

Stupidity wasn't even infectious in the first place.

"You know me," lines formed on Junghyuk's forehead.

"Duh," the little girl rolled her eyes, as if to say isn't that obvious? "Why would I act like this if I didn't? Anyway, shoo. Shoo, I say."

Standing firmly in place, unmoved by the little girl's hostility, Junghyuk began to wonder when he met the siblings and how he managed to earn their ire. From the very beginning, Eun-Byeol was as hostile, if not even more, than his sister towards him. It didn't bother Junghyuk at first. After all, he didn't know that man.

As time progressed, Eun-Byeol felt more and more familiar yet he couldn't remember when and how they met. The man didn't even act like he knew him so Junghyuk didn't bother delving into his memories. Now that that man's sister acted the same way as her brother, a nagging feeling chewed on Junghyuk's heart.

He knew the siblings but he didn't have any memories of them.

Aware of this, Junghyuk realized that there was a large part of his memories that had gone missing. Although his memory wasn't the greatest, memories of the Ahn siblings should have been quite memorable, especially that the two of them seemed to be strong.

Junghyuk remained still, staring straight into the little girl's hostile gaze. A minute passed by when Ahn Binna puffed her cheeks and looked away. "Why aren't you going away," she crossed her arms. "Brother is still healing. Having you near will make him uncomfortable."

[You used the Lie Detection skill.]

[The Lie Detection skill verified that the statement is true.]

"..." This just made Junghyuk even more curious about what happened in those missing memories of his. From the looks of it, it was him who made a mistake. A horrible mistake, perhaps. After all, just from Ahn Binna's stare earlier, it was obvious she wanted him dead on the spot. In fact, he felt like she was already murdering him inside her head.

Stubborn, Junghyuk sat on Ahn Binna's other side, causing the little girl to make a sound as if she was choking. The regressor ignored her and, instead, glanced at the man inside the sphere of water. Eun-Byeol's expression was one of tranquility before his expression scrunched up in annoyance. It bewildered Junghyuk while the little girl beside him erupted into laughter.

"Pfft— HAHAHAHAHAHA! I TOLD YOU SO!"

...

[The time limit for the Fourth Scenario has been reduced greatly.]