Turkish delight - I

A/N: The full moon on August 1 is your chance to integrate your partner into your professional life. If there is an event that you want to take them to, it is an ideal time to ask. With Mercury and Saturn retrograde in opposition on the first, they'll jump at the opportunity to meet your work family.

However, they'll want to impress them with their charm, intelligence, and wit, which means they will feel immense pressure in the days leading up to the party. Do your best to help them be confident and self-assured. The truth is that they want to do their best to represent you in a positive light. Honestly, it's very nice and kind of them to want you to strive for success and greatness at the office on all fronts.  

------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi, everyone! Welcome back to Irene's cooking channel! Today, we're going to do something special. As you may have recalled, we've travelled to Turkey and it was so much fun seeing a cuntry we've never been to before. 

Also, there's many delicious foods there too, but the famous one has fone to be turkish delight and doner kebab. The ones we tried are so sweet so I figured I get a recipe and share with you uys so you can make it on your own. 

Let's get started!" 

Ingredients For Homemade Doner Kebab RecipeOnion, pureed and sieved. We need its juice only. Don't add in the pulp.Ground beef (15% fat). You can use a mixture of lamb mince and beef mince if you want.SaltBlack pepperCuminOreganoGarlic powderIsot pepper/Urfa biber. If you can't find it, use paprika instead, but the aroma of isot pepper is stronger.YogurtMilkButter to cook döner in the pan

First, prepare the doner meat mixture. In a large bowl, combine the onion juice, ground beef, salt and all the spices, yogurt and milk well. Transfer it on a baking paper, give it a log shape and wrap it tightly. Give it a huge candy shape and let it rest first in the fridge for 2 hours and then in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight.

"Here's some that's already made." She shown it to the camera. 

 Next, make thin doner sheets. Remove it from the freezer and let it sit on the counter for 5 minutes so that it is ready to slice. Hold the döner log lengthwise with a piece of baking paper and carefully make large thin slices using a sharp knife.

Now cook the doner slices. Heat one teaspoon butter in a non stick pan over high heat. Line sliced döner pieces in a single layer and cook both sides until nicely brown, about one minute each side. Cook the rest in batches and never overload the pan.

Equipment18cm square cake tinnon stick baking parchment2 large saucepanssugar thermometerIngredientsa little vegetable oil for greasing1 litre (1¾pts) water1 tablespoon lemon juice800 g (1lb 12oz) granulated sugar125 g (4oz) cornflour1 teaspoon cream of tartar1–2 tablespoon rose waterfew drops pink food colouringTo complete50 g (2oz) icing sugar15 g (½oz) cornflourInstructionsLine a 18cm (7in) square pan with non stick baking parchment and oil the paper.Place 500ml (18floz) water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 800h (1lb 12oz) sugar in a heavy based saucepan and bring gently to the boil, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Once all the sugar has dissolved increase the heat, cover the pan with a lid and allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute.Remove the lid. Continue to boil the syrup without stirring until the temperature reaches 115°C (139°F). Remove from the heat and set to one side.Place 125g (4oz) cornflour and 1 teaspoon cream of tartar in a large saucepan and gradually stir in 500ml (18floz) water a little at a time. Once the cornflour and water have been combined, cook gently stirring with a wooden spoon all the time until the mixture forms a very thick gluey paste.Remove from the heat and gradually beat in the sugar syrup a little at a time, beating well until smooth after each addition. Do not rush this step.Return to the heat and bring slowly to the boil, stirring well, then reduce the heat and simmer very very gently for about 1 hour, stirring frequently. Make sure you get into the corners of the pan so that the mixture doesn't catch. The mixture will turn a golden amber colour when it is cooked sufficiently.Remove from the heat and stir in 1-2 tablespoon rose water and a few drops of pink food colour. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and allow to set for at least 6 hours.To completeSift 50g (2oz) icing sugar and 15g (½oz) cornflour together into a bowl. Then sift a little of sugar and cornflour mixture over the set Turkish delight.Turn out onto a sheet of baking parchmentand dust with more icing sugar mixture. Cut into squares using a lightly oiled knife.Drop the squares a few at a time into the remaining icing sugar mixture and toss to coat well.NotesIt is important not to rush adding the sugar syrup to the cornflour mixture as any lumps that you allow to form at this stage will be impossible to remove from the Turkish delight mixture.Very frequent stirring is essential during while cooking the Turkish Delight.StoreStore in a covered container in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.Do not freeze.

"Now that we've made these tasty delicious treats, I think it's only fair that I get some helpers to come and see how's my work. That's why I brought my girls and, the one and only famous person that everyone knows....... BTS' V! AKA my boyfriend!" She clapped her hands. 

The girls came forth to the table and so did V as they looked at the square rubish cubes and the kebabs on some plates. 

They all tucked into them and they really loved them. 

"Wow, did you just made them on your own?" V asked.

"Yeah, I think I did a pretty good job, don't you think?" Irene asked. 

"Yeah, it's really great!" Wendy took a bite into her kebab. 

Irene beamed as she waved to the camera. 

"Well, everyone's that's a complete success and now you guys can make it your own! See you guys next time!!!" Irene smiled. 

Everyone waved to the camera in all hopes and smiles. 

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I wonder what does turkish delight taste like......

Anyway, see you next time!!!!

CHECK YOU LATER!!!!

PEACE OUT!!!!!