Beach day (Ao'nung x Lo'ak)

(Modern AU, but has their Human AU family last name)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
It was the weekend and both families decided to head down to the beach to relax and spend time as it was warm and it was a good day to head out. Both families packed what they needed for the beach. They already changed into their beach clothes and brought individual bags that contained sunscreen, beach towels, shoes, change of clothes, chargers, and sunglasses. The parents brought water, snacks, mats to lay on, and extra towels in a separate bag.

Both families headed outside and got into their own cars as they left and drove down to the local beach in their neighborhood. In the Kaʻuhane car, Ao'nung had his aux cord plugged in as he played the family playlist. They were jamming together and singing along as their songs played. They laughed as they all sung out some solos here and there. In the Sully's car, Kiri and Lo'ak were fighting over who got to plug in their aux. Jake scolded them and made Neteyam plug in his Aux; which the two younger siblings complained about because 'Neteyam's music taste is boring!' Which Neteyam defended himself at.

Eventually, they all made it to the beach, and parked next to each other. They got out the car and greeted each other. They picked a spot not too far and placed their mats down and settled down. The parents made them all apply sunscreen before nodding as they let their kids go so they could have their own conversation as their kids played. They all raced to the water, jumping in with loud splashes. They resurfaced as they all wiped away the salty water from their faces as they kept themselves afloat.

"Nung!" Ao'nung turned to his side as he was met with Tsireya's challenging eyes. "Remember what we used to do as kids? The handstand?" Ao'nung nodded, as he smirked back in challenge. "Think you can still beat me, reya?" Ao'nung asked, chuckling lightly. "Yea." Tsireya confidently answered. Ao'nung let out a scoff as he shook his head with a smile. "Wanna see who can hold it the longest for two minutes?" Tsireya smirked back as she nodded. "You're on!" And so, the Ka'uhane siblings submerged into the water and dived down to the bottom of the large pool. The Sully's spared each other a glance before submerging their faces into the water to watch the challenge.

They saw as both Ao'nung and Tsireya flipped down and placed their hands on the sea floor. They stood straight as their long legs stood in the water. They were doing it right next to each other, so the sullies perfectly saw them. Seconds passed and the two Metkayina siblings still held their stances. It was impressive every time the siblings showed their skills in the water. The sullies could never do that. Lo'ak had been switching glances between Tsireya and Ao'nung, but his gaze always stayed longer on Ao'nung.

Ao'nung had lifted one hand up, but he stood in place. The sullies gasp as bubbles escaped through. It was more talented as Ao'nung signed to tsireya with one hand, smirking at her. A minute passed and they were still underneath. The sullies had came up for air before submerging back into the water. Lo'ak felt a hand tap his back, causing him to jolt up and almost hit the person in the face. "Sorry! Sorry! I didn't see you.." Lo'ak quickly apologized, putting his hands up.

The girl giggled as she waved him off. "It's ok..it's fine." She said, smiling softly at him. Lo'ak let out a sigh as he nodded. "I'm sorry that I scared you..I was just wondering what you were doing?" She asked. Lo'ak raised his eyebrows as he glanced between the water and back to the girl. "Umm..me and my siblings are watching our..friends do a challenge under water..sorry if it looks odd.." he sheepishly said, grinning. The girl shook her head no as she swam over to Lo'ak. "It doesn't..I was just curious..by the way, my name is Niì'e Mea'ite..what's yours?" She grazed her arms on Lo'ak's darker one.

"Um..my name is Lo'ak." He said, glancing down at the hand on his with furrowed eyebrows. "Sully right?" Niì'e asked, glancing into his eyes for confirmation. Lo'ak nodded. In the back of Lo'ak's mind, he was hoping that Ao'nung wasn't watching. Why? You may ask..it's because Ao'nung and Lo'ak have this secret thing going on. They swore to never say a word to either family or friends and that they'll continue seeing each other. But, Ao'nung was a jealous person. He didn't like Lo'ak letting others touch him or even look into his eyes. And Ao'nung always reminded Lo'ak in a way every time he caught him.