Bound to mate (Ronal x Tonowari)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Ronal was just 17 years before already having to choose a mate

Ronal was just 17 years before already having to choose a mate. It was two nights before her celebration of her age. Before passing her rite of passages. It was the early mornings as she was being rushed by her mother and father as the new suitors had came to the southern area of the Awa'atlu village. She was rushed into many jewelry, a gold linen skirt, and a green spaced top.

"You look so beautiful, Ronal" Ronal's mother complimented. Ronal glanced over at her mother, smiling a little. "Thank you, mother." Ronal thanked, before turning her attention back to the sea glass mirror. Soon, the conch horn sounded off. Ronal's mother face seemed to grow in a happy surprise as she immediately took her daughters hands into hers, making Ronal look at her green eyes. "Your suitors are here, my daughter. Be prepared and choose wisely as these suitors will be your forever mates." Ronal nodded with a grin as she listened to her mothers words. "Then, let's go." And with that, they walked beside each other as they exited the marui.

When they got outside, Ronal's eyes caught onto the 6 suitors her father was talking to, and that had a crowd surrounding them. Ronal took in some breaths as her steps came closer to the suitors. Ronal's heart was racing out of nervousness. She felt her mother squeeze her hand, whispering reassuring words slightly to her ear. Soon, her mother let her hand go and now Ronal was in front of all six suitors; 4 males and 2 females.

Ronal calmed her heart and mind as she slowly neared the first person, a male. She observed him, gazing at him from head to toe. He had muscles, a firm stance, polite smile, and strength to him. But..that's not what Ronal is specifically looking for..she's looking for that connection. "No." she simply said, moving to the second suitor. Now, she stood in front of a female. The female looked strong, was tall, carried a certain demeanor, and looked Ronal in the eyes...but still..nothing was catching Ronal's eyes! "No." She said, moving along.

Though, the atmosphere changed when Ronal approached the 3rd person; a male. Ronal froze in her place as she suddenly felt..a strong connection between her and the man. He had a high bun with the rest of his medium hair flowing, muscles, kind smile, warm eyes as they met each others gazes, and a few tattoos. Ronal stared into the light blue eyes and it was as if Eywa struck her. Ronal felt her heart race. A brush of wind passed by, flowing her hair and the males into the air.

Ronal walked closer as she observed the man closer. "What is your name?" She asked. The guy smiled more at her as he said, "My name is Tonowari Te Ounoe Lowaya'itan." Tonowari said, bowing his head slightly. "And I see you, Tsakarem.." he said, gesturing as well. Ronal let out a soft gasp as she stared at tonowari in amusement. She then placed a hand onto his chest, feeling the relaxed heartbeat. They met gazes once again, and Ronal was drowning in those bright eyes..those eyes that felt contempt, soft, reassuring, and relaxing to look into.

"You have a strong heart, Tonowari. I feel a connection to you that I've never felt before..you're kind and respectful." Tonowari softly hummed as he nodded. "Thank you, tsakarem. You are strong as well. A warrior to be seen. You have a strong mind and a beautiful heart." He complimented back, nodding once again. Ronal smiled a little as she pulled her hand back and stepped away. "I see you, Tonowari" she stated, looking in Tonowari's eyes. Tonowari gently reached out for Ronal's hand, holding it in his as he spoke, "I see you, Tsakarem Ronal. Thank you for seeing me as a potential mate.." he said, following up with a kiss to the back of her hand.

Immediately, from there on, Ronal heard Eywa. She understood that Tonowari was the one she was destined to be with. She was understanding the layout of what Eywa wanted for Ronal's life. Tonowari was going to be her mate, and she'll continue her generation with Tonowari. Grow up and start a family. Raise their children in the home of where they want to settle. Ronal wanted to be with Tonowari forever if Eywa allows it..

She chuckled lightly as she felt her mother walk by her side. "I see you already chose someone, my sweet daughter. It's Tonowari..isn't it?" She said, glancing to Tonowari who stood proud. Ronal nodded her head as her lips tugged into a smile. "He is the one Eywa chose for me, mother..and I am listening. I want Tonowari to be my mate, mother.." Ronal's mother nodded as she had a smile of approval. "Then, your wish shall be reciprocated, my daughter." Ronal glanced to her mother with a smile of gratitude.

Ronal's mother clasped her hands in front of her as she spoke, "my daughter has chosen. Sorry to the ones she disagreed upon, but Eywa had already told my daughter who she shall be destined to be with." The others nodded as they waited to be dismissed. "Tonowari..my daughter has chosen you. You should be lucky, overjoyed even. Eywa has put you and my daughter together for a reason. So, all I am asking is for you to treat her with love, kindness, respect, compassion, loyalty, and trust. Please, take care of my daughter." Tonowari beamed as he nodded firmly. "I will. I promise, Tsahìk.." Ronal's eyes softened a little as her mother nodded once again in approval.

There on, the others went home and Tonowari and Ronal embraced each other before they had to find a spot to get to know each other. They shared stories about how they grew up with different, yet similar traditions. How Ronal grew up South of Awa'atlu and Tonowari grew up in the East of Awa'atlu. Of how Tonowari passed his rite of passages a week prior and explained the meanings of his new tattoos, with an attentive Ronal listening. They spoke on coming to an agreement to live in the Eastern part of Awa'atlu, Tonowari's home, and raise how many children they have there, while also coming back to visit the South where Ronal grew up.

And from there on, they were inseparable. Tonowari gifted Ronal with courting gifts everyday as Ronal would show appreciation and gift her mate back. After Ronal completed her rite of passages, Ronal had to get some tattoos. She was also now announced as the new Tsahìk of the Eastern part of the Awa'atlu village as Tonowari was now Olo'eyktan. Both families came down for their mating ceremony. It was the best experience in both Ronal's and Tonowari's lives. They felt each other, saw each other, saw memories, and the strong connection they had since the first time they met.

Now, let's fast forward. Ronal is Tsahìk of her clan as her strong and mighty mate, Tonowari was always by her side. They enjoyed hunting together, fighting alongside one another, flying their skimwings together, going inside the groves together, spending time together, working together, exploring together, and just adoring each other. Their people in their clan destined to be like them. They were compatible as Ronal was a strong, strict, wise, authoritative, kind spiritual leader and warrior to the clan and Tonowari was the mighty, strong, loyal, also authoritative, kind, patient leader and warrior as also being Olo'eyktan.

But..that's not where their story ends. Now, they have introduced and welcomed their first child into the clan..into the world of Pandora, Ao'nung. Ao'nung Te Rängyäyo Tonowari'itan. Ronal smiled softly at her newborn son as she watched her mate bring him up into the sky and announce him to the eyes of Eywa and the eyes of the Metkayina clan. Ronal has so much joy that filled her heart, soul, and mind as she saw her new family form and come to life. Eywa has blessed Ronal so much, and Ronal returned that with genuine gratitude. She held her son in her arms and watched him make small sounds.

She looked to her mate. "Ma'Tono..Thank you for bringing me a family I can call my own..oel ngati kameie, nga yawne lu oer.." she said in contempt, kissing Tonowari's cheek. Tonowari softly chuckled as he wrapped an arm around Ronal, pulling her closer as he kissed her head. "Oel ngati kameie, nga yawne lu oer, Ma'Ronal.." They caught each others gaze, smiling warmly at each other. They placed their foreheads together as they thought of their time together and now sharing that with their newborn son, their firstborn granted from Eywa...