35

CarloPOV
As soon as I got home pinto came out looking around making a squeaking sound. I guess he's looking for sky. I bent down to him and picked him up he resisted a little bit but soon gave up. I ran my hand over the top of his head smoothing over his mane.
"Hey pinto I'm sorry to say that Sky won't be coming home tonight" as if he knew what I was saying he looked up at me with tears in his little eyes.
"No no pinto it's ok you'll just have to be brave for me ok" I brought him back into his room and set him down on the floor. What I didn't expect was for him to plop down and not move. He was making these little whining sounds and shaking. He the curled himself into a tiny ball. I pulled out my phone came called Caleb.
"Hey bro what's up?"
"Hey Caleb um I think somethings wrong with Pinto."
"What happend"
After I explained to him that Sky needed surgry and didn't come home he made a point.
"Sounds like he misses her"
"Really but she hasn't been Gina that long?"
"Ya but humans are social creatures and plus how long have they been together also you said you say them mating right and that Sky is carrying?"
"Yes"
"Well pinto got sky and the new cub wrapped away from him of corse he would be distraught"
"How to I make him feel better he's just been in this ball whining and shaking"
"I fear you can't do anything but bring sky back"
"But I can't at least not right now"
"I understand that try distracting him with food or a toy."
"Okay thanks Caleb"
"Anytime Carlo now good luck"
I put my phone back into my pocket and looked at pinto. Alright first on the list is food. I haven't feed him since I left with sky a few hours ago. I walk into the kitchen and dig out sone human food. I brought it back into the room and set it down in front of pinto. He did t move or even look up when I placed it in front of him. Why won't he move?
"Come on pinto you must be hungry" I say to no avail.
"Please pinto" I say petting him. He didn't even flinch or move when I touched him. Hmm maybe I can get him something to cheer him up like a new toy. I pick him up.
"Come on pinto let's go to the store"
He looks up and me with a tear stained face. I'm sorry pinto I know he can't understand me but I hope he will calm down. I put his harness and leash on and bring him to the car. I buckle him in and drive to the nearest pet store. Once I part I take him out and place him on the ground. He just sat down and didn't move.
"Come pinto" I say tugging the leash. He understood and stood up and started to walk into the store with me. Once inside I lead him to the human pet isle and stopped in front of they toys.
"Pick something out pinto"
He looked up at me.
"He ahead"
I watched him look around when he started to wonder off I follow him to see where he was headed to. He then stopped in front of the fish. He looked at all of them when he stopped on a pretty beta fish. I lean down and start reading the info on the fish, that's when I saw it. Beta fish is both native to the human world and ours. So on pintos planet they have beta fish too? That's it he seems so at peace and fascinated by it. I picked him up and walked over to the counter.
"Hello how can I help you!" The lady said very cheerfully.
"Hi my human here seems very interested in the beta fish. Mind if I can grab one."
"Sure just one thing. The beta fish here are a bit bigger than where they are from. Where they are from they can get as big as there thumb."
"Wow that small!"
"Yes now the smallest they can get there is the size of a human hand."
"Geez"
"Anyway witch one would you like?"
"That one he was attached to it"
"Alright do you need any aquarium stuff?"
"Yes"
"Ok down that isle right there, there's a beta fish starter kit."
"Awsome! Thank you"
I go and pick up the starter kit as she grabbed the fish. As soon as she was done I followed her to the counter.
"Hope your little guys like him"
"Me too his partner has ti have surgery and he's very distraught, but he seemed very at peace when looking at the fish that's why I got it for him"
"Oh I hope he feels better he's so cute!"
"Thank you" once I pay I load everything up in the car and drive home. Once inside I bring pinto to his room and start setting up the fish tank. He watches me very intently. Once I finish and the fish is swimming around he sits in front of the tank. He just stars at it. At least he's not crying anymore.