Pɪʟᴏᴛ

______________________________________

Estrella Cruz wasn't someone that people knew much about. They knew that her mom ran a catering business for Figure 8. They also knew that she hung around a certain group of kids that were known for causing trouble.

The pogues.

JJ and John B meeting first in the third grade and quickly becoming best friends. Estrella met Pope in fifth grade when Pope spilled his drink all over her when some kids were making fun of him. She wanted to be upset with him, but he made it really hard with his apologies. He apologized everyday for the rest of the school year and has stuck since then. He became the one person Estrella could always count on.

Estrella and Pope met John B and JJ the next year in one of their classes. Quickly becoming friends when JJ tried a pick up line on Estrella. She thought it was the cringiest thing ever, but it became something that she looked forward to hearing whenever she walked in class everyday.

Kiara became a part of the group in ninth grade. Estrella incredibly happy that there was finally a girl she could complain to about the boys. The group has stuck together ever since. All of them bouncing stupid ideas off of each other no matter what they were. Pope desperately tried to talk them out of them, but ultimately ended up in the middle of it all.

Estrella never thought that she would end up with people she cared about so much and that cared about her just the same. She wouldn't trade them for the world.

______________________________________

Estrella had found an interest in making surfboards a couple of years ago. She had convinced her mom to her help with building her own shed since she kept complaining about Estrella working in the house. So, that's what the girl was doing. Finishing up a design on a board she recently put together.

"Estrella !"

The girl turns to look towards her shed door. She set her brush down and got up before walking outside. She smiles when she sees the pogues sitting in a boat at her dock.

"There she is !" JJ shouts

"What are you guys doing ?" She says as she walks closer 

"We're going out to the marsh, you coming ?" John B smiles

"You guys do realize that a hurricane just happened right ?"

"Come on, Star. You gotta come. Today's a free day." JJ smiles. Estrella's smile softens as JJ raises his brows at her. She rolls her eyes before she shrugs, "Fine."

"Yes." Kiara beams. JJ holds his hand out to Estrella. She takes it and carefully steps on the boat. As she steps on, she goes to let go of JJ's hand, but he had other plans. She looks up at him with confusion written on her face. She pushes him away playfully as he smirks down at her.

______________________________________

The group now sat in the boat. Pope driving it toward the marsh as they all drank beers and told jokes to each other. Kie and Estrella now sat in their bikini tops. JJ being the only boy with his shirt off.