Tʜᴇ Lᴜᴄᴋʏ Cᴏᴍᴘᴀss

______________________________________

Estrella was in her shed finishing up a surf board. After finding the compass, everyone went home sorta kind of upset at the fact that they almost died for something so insignificant to them. John B swore it was his dad's compass, so they tried to hold out hope for him, but were still upset about it. She hears a knock on her door causing her to look up.

"Hey, Kie." She smiles before looking back down at her board.

"Hey." Kie says walking in and sitting on a stool.

"What's up ?"

Kie shrugs, "Not much. Have you talked to John B or JJ today ?"

"No." Estrella chuckles, "I mean JJ, yeah because he never stops blowing my phone up, but I haven't heard from John B."

Kie frowns at the mention of JJ. Estrella doesn't notice though as she gets up to grab a ruler.

"You know, I'm actually surprised you and JJ get along so well."

Estrella furrows her brows as she chuckles, "Why ?"

"I don't know. I just figured you guys would've fallen out by now. Especially since-" Kie starts, but stops. Estrella stands up straight as she looks at Kie.

"Since what ? What are you talking about, Kie ?" Estrella says

"Nothing." Kie sighs

Estrella sets her ruler and pencil down, "Kie-"

They're cut off by Kie getting a text from John B. "Something happened. John B says to meet at the Château."

Kie gets up and walks toward the door before turning around. "You coming ?"

"Yeah." Estrella mutters following her out. She closes the door behind her and follows Kie to her car.

______________________________________

"And we were right outside like this." JJ says as he leans up against the wall on John B's porch, "And all we hear is just, "Bam ! Bam ! Bam !" Knocking paint off the wall, G ! From the inside. All right ? And I'm just looking at him, like..." He rambles

"Wait, first off, look at this shit." He says before he starts shaking his hair out. "Look at it."

Pope, Kie, and Estrella frown as white flakes fall from his hair.

"That's dandruff, disgusting." Kie says

"Dude." Estrella says backing up

"Okay, thank you." Pope says pushing him away.

"Look at all that. All right ? That's paint." He says, "At that point, I was just, like... I'm waiting for death."

"Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right ?" Pope says