Sᴘʏ Gᴀᴍᴇs

______________________________________

Unfortunately, the Pogues' excitement was short lived. The metal detector found nothing in the boat that they saw. Frustration coursed through John B as he just told them to pull the drone up so they could leave.

Everyone split up until later on in the day, when Kie reminded everyone of the movie that was being shown. So, Estrella, Pope, and JJ tagged along to watch seeing as no one knew where John B had run off to.

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this. Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life. You know ?" Kie gushes, "Aren't you guys glad I made you come ?"

"Ecstatic." Pope deadpans

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest." JJ mutters as they set their chairs down.

"It's too hot for this." Estrella sighs as she sets her chair down by JJ. She notices Pope and JJ whispering to each other. She frowns, but decides to mind her business as Kie asks if she wants to walk to get drinks with her.

"Hey, uh... can I get two Pepsis and a Coke, please ?" Kie says

"Sure." The vendor says

"Hey, girls."

The two look over and see Sarah's older brother, Rafe, approaching them.

"Hey, what's up ?" He says smiling at Estrella, "How are you ?"

"We're fine." Kie says reluctantly

"Good, good. Um-" He says, "Tell your boy that we know what he did."

Both girls frown. Estrella shrugs, "Sorry, what boy are you talking about ?"

"Uh, he'll know." He nods. Kie takes the drinks from the vendor. She hands Estrella hers as they walk off

"Bye." He yells out to them

"Douche." Kie says as they walk back over to the boys. "Just saw Rafe, and he said, and I quote, "Tell your boy that we know what he did."

Kie hands them their Pepsis as they look around.

"What is that ?" She says

"Um...Where is he ?" JJ says

"Right there." Estrella says as the boys quickly turn and see Rafe, Topper, and another boy, Kelce, staring them down.

"Great, the whole death squad. Ah !" Pope says as JJ forces him to turn around.

"Don't stare, bro." JJ says. "Just warning you, bro. If they corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay ? Slice and dicin'. I'm on edge right now."

"Yeah, yeah." Pope says. Estrella takes note of his anxious body language.

"If that doesn't work, I got this right here." JJ says holding up his bag. Kie's eyes go wide.

"Yeah, yeah. So, we just gotta stay in the group. They can't get us in the group."