Pᴀʀᴄᴇʟ 9 (3)

______________________________________

"It's for the pain." Estrella says pulling the blunt out.

"JJ, bless." Sarah breathes. They all sit together. Estrella lights it and takes a puff herself before she goes to pass it to Sarah.

"Actually..." Kie says before she takes it from Estrella. The girl sighs as Sarah groans.

"Really ?" She says before she snatches it from Kie. She takes a long puff as she closes her eyes.

"Go easy. It's JJ's cousin's cripple." Estrella says. Sarah immediately starts coughing. Estrella laughs as Kiara becomes annoyed.

______________________________________

It had been a couple of hours and the girls hadn't made much progress if any at all. It was dark out now and the girls were high. Sarah more so than the other two.

Kie had put her button up back on as she sat by herself. Estrella had thrown her (JJ's) t-shirt on as she sat between them. Sarah was giggling to herself.

"Wow." Sarah gasps, "Hey, guess what ? Would you rather... have..." She clears her throat, "I was imagining you like this just now. It was pretty funny. Would you ima... would you rather... have nipples for eyes or eyes for nipples ?"

Estrella furrows her brows as she turns to Sarah.

"Imagine if you get really old and your nipples... Your boobs get saggy, and your nipples, if they were your eyes, you could see if your shoes were untied." Sarah chuckles

"Is this like your first time smoking or something ?" Kie snaps

"No." Sarah mumbles. She looks down before looking back up, "Hey, Kiara-"

"Oh, my God. Enough of the "Hey, Kiara!" bullshit ! Why'd you do it ?"

"Why did I do what ?"

"We were best friends. We... we stole beers from your dad's fridge, we watched movies together, we cried about boys. And the next thing I know, I'm watching your birthday party happen from Instagram."

"It was one party."

"You invited everybody except me. And then you told everybody I was the reason that the party got busted."

"Okay, well, who else would've called the cops ?"

"You never asked. You just let the rumor go that I was a rat. You were my best friend, and then you ghosted me, and I don't even know why ! I mean, really, what did I do ?"

She and Estrella wait for Sarah to speak up. The blonde looks forward. "You liked me."

"What ?"

"When... people get... close to me, I feel trapped. And... I bail. And then I blame them for it. I'm really sorry..." She takes a deep breath, "and I miss you. Do you think there's a chance that we could be okay again ?"