Tʜᴇ Hᴇɪsᴛ (3)

_____________________________________

"Shit." Kie mumbles

"Kiara, you find anything yet ?" Pope yells

"Yeah, do you guys see the gun ?" JJ says

Kie sighs, "Nothing."

"It's probably at the bottom of the catch basin." Pope says making Estrella groan.

She grunts as she crawls down into the water finally making it through the drain. Kie following behind her making sure she keeps her head above the water. The girls sit up as they look around. Estrella looks up at toward the manhole as they stand up.

JJ sets the crow bar down before turning to Pope, "All right, bro, I see you vibing on Kie, okay ? Give me the details. Are we talking first base, second base, third base ?"

"Try not even in the same ballpark."

"What do you mean by that ?"

"It's like we're not playing the same game."

Estrella and Kie decided to get down and try to feel for the gun. Luckily for Estrella, she hadn't touched anything besides cans and bottles.

Kie sighs as she picks up a can before tossing it, "People are so shitty."

"The other night, we're-" Pope trails off

"Okay." JJ says

"She was all over me."

"All right."

"And..."

"Good start."

"But she was wasted, so it doesn't really count." Pope says, "I tried to be edgy, out-there Pope, and she didn't like that. So I tried to be straitlaced Pope. She didn't like that."

"I understand !" JJ exclaims as he sees Pope become worked up

"So I don't know what to do."

"Pope," He says holding his shoulders, "think. I know you can do that, all right ? Like, light some candles. Put on some Otis Redding. Yeah. That would work. Or " JJ pats his chest, "play guitar."

"I can't play guitar. I can't do any of those things." JJ chuckles as he shakes his head. Pope clears his throat, "What about you and Estrella ?"

JJ's face falls, "What about us ?"

"Have you guys talked at all ?"

JJ scoffs, "No. She can barely look at me."

"Why don't you just try ?" Pope says. Before JJ can answer, they hear Kie call out to them. Estrella looks over as Kie chuckles "Guys, I think I found something. Ugh, gross."

"Wait, you got it ?" JJ yells

"Is it the gun ?" Pope yells

The girls eyes widen as Kie pulls up what look liked a body part. Estrella immediately backing away as Kie pushed it away, splashing the water.