Tʜᴇ Gᴏʟᴅ

ᴛᴡ: ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ sᴇʟғ ʜᴀʀᴍ______________________________________

______________________________________

Since John B and Sarah died, life hadn't been easy for any of the pogues. The night it all happened, they could all feel in their gut that things would be different. And it has been.

They all sort of kept to themselves. Too scared to be around each other. If they were, it became too real to them. It all just solidified that a great piece of what made them the pogues was gone and wouldn't be coming back.

Estrella still talked to Pope regularly. More so Pope reaching out to Estrella since the girl had been shutting everyone out which wasn't normal for him.

Kiara and Pope still talked and hung out. From what Estrella could remember, Pope and Kiara decided to take their relationship to the next level. From what Estrella could also remember, Pope couldn't get a clear sign out of Kiara. He didn't know what she wanted or how she really felt.

Estrella and Kiara hadn't spoken much since the night of John B and Sarah passing. There were times when Estrella would run into Pope and Kiara would be with him. They said the simple hi and bye, but nothing else.

JJ had preoccupied himself with working. The other three don't really hear much about him or from him. Of course, Pope and Kiara would check up on him every once in a while and he would talk to them. They try to keep him out of his head and out of any trouble he might get into since he lost his best friend.

And they were right. He missed John B like crazy. He hadn't gone a day since the third grade without seeing or talking to him. He couldn't figure out how he would go about the rest of his life without him. He never thought about it. He never thought he would have to. Not for another 40 or 50 years. But time wasn't in his favor.

The whole thing probably would've been a lot easier for him if he wasn't such an idiot. If he hadn't done what he did to Estrella, he probably would've taken this whole thing just the tiniest bit easier.

Estrella.

Estrella and JJ hadn't spoken at all. JJ hadn't tried reaching out to her and Estrella the same. Since that night, Estrella has taken a lot of time to think about, well, everything.

She realized just how messed up what JJ did to her was. She knew John B was in on it too, but he was gone and she couldn't hold that against him anymore. JJ on the other hand, was here. And while he too was grieving his best friend, he hurt her way before all of this.

He knew it would hurt her and still did it. So, she was angry at him and in her opinion, rightfully so. Her anger may be a little bit elevated with John B and Sarah passing, but still very valid.

JJ wasn't angry with Estrella. He understood he hurt her. He knew that. He knew that they probably would never come back from this. He missed her and she was probably the only person he wanted to see right now, but Estrella never contacted him, so he never contacted her.