Tʜᴇ Bᴇʟʟ Tᴏᴡᴇʀ (2)

______________________________________

Pope's idea for the ferry seemed to be the only plan that would work for now. So, they drove there being sure to hide John B as well as they could.

JJ pulled one of the seats up and sat in it. John B still laid on the back of one of the seats to avoid being seen in the window. Estrella stayed sat up against the trunk.

Pope got out to get a ticket for the ferry. They watch him walk back over with a paper in his hand.

"Okay. Okay. All right, no." He says approaching the car.

"Pope, can you act normal ?" Kie says as he rounds the car to get to the drivers side.

"So, um... okay, so, bad news. The ferry's closed, and there is this." He says handing the paper to Kie. Her eyes widen before she turns and hands the paper to JJ.

"What is that ? What is this ?" John B rambles

"Shit." Kie says. Estrella leans up and sees a picture of John B with a $25,000 reward.

"Well, John B, uh... this is a good framer of you." JJ says showing him the picture.

"This is just perfect." Estrella chuckles humorlessly

"Okay, so the whole island's lookin' for John B right now." Pope says

"That's a lot of money." Kie says

"Congratulations, John B. You're famous." JJ says handing John B the paper.

"Guys, we got to get to the HMS. We need small, no running lights-"

"It's at the Château, Kie." John B interrupts

"And I wonder if the cops got the entire place staked out. Let me think. Oh, yeah. No. They definitely have that place locked down." JJ says sarcastically

"Yeah, copy that."

"Okay. Let me think. Just give me a second. Give me a second." Pope says as he sets his hands on the wheel.

It's a couple of seconds of Pope rambling to himself before Estrella sighs before leaning up to JJ's seat. "JJ."

"Yeah ?" He says almost confused. He looks to her not realizing how close she would be.

"Does your dad still have that boat ? The cigarette boat, the Phantom. The one he used to race."

"Maybe."

"You could get right up the coast, no problem." Pope says turning wide eyed

"Okay, look." Kie starts

"It won't be easy, Pope."

"The surf's running from three to four."

"I don't know where the keys are." JJ says