Hᴏᴍᴇᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ

______________________________________

Estrella looks up at the house as the four teens approach it. It was definitely a home owned by kooks.

"They're fancy people. They've had three governors in the family." Kie says, "They've run Charleston for, like, years."

"These Kooks make our Kooks look like Pogues." JJ says as they all lean over to look out the window, "You sure this is the place, Pope ?"

"Pretty sure." Pope mumbles

"All right." JJ nods as they open the doors, "Fat City, for sure."

"Twenty-seven King Street." Pope says as they walk up to the house.

"Talk about home security. Are those spikes to keep people out ?" JJ says

"No." Kie mumbles

"The slave quarters are over there." Pope points

Estrella sighs, "These spikes were to keep people in."

The teens hesitantly enter the gates and walk up to the door. Pope takes the door knocker and hits it against the door a few times.

"You think that was too much ?" Pope asks as he steps back

"It echoed the entire house. That's for sure." JJ says, "So they definitely heard it."

"Maybe nobody's home." Kie says. Pope reaches forward again and hits the door knocker. The door swings open taking Pope by surprise.

An older man steps out and leans on the doorway. He eyes the four teens before turning to Pope. "You must be Pope."

Estrella furrows her brows as Pope turns to them, "Um..." He then turns back to the man, "Are you Mr. Limbrey ?"

"Ms. Limbrey was expecting you yesterday."

"Oh. I'm... I'm sorry. My car broke down on the way up here."

"Carburetor blew up in the middle of Nowheresville." JJ says, "Sorry about that."

"Yeah, she was, uh, real upset when you didn't show up."

"We tried to call, but there's no number on the invitation." Estrella says as JJ clears his throat, "We got here as fast as we could."

"She also expected you to come alone."

"I mean, these are my friends. They helped find the Royal Merchant too. I-" Pope starts

"The instructions were explicit. Your friends can stay outside."

"We're kind of a package deal, man." JJ says

"JJ. It's okay." Pope nods, "I got this. I'll be good."

"Yeah. We'll be right here." Kie says as Pope turns to her and Estrella