Tʜᴇ Bᴏɴғɪʀᴇ

______________________________________

No one really knew what to do after seeing Ward's boat blow up. No one had heard from Sarah or any of the Cameron family.

Estrella, of course, felt terrible. Despite what Ward had put his daughter and her friends through, he was still her dad. And while Estrella was never close to her dad or even knew who he was, she could only imagine how Sarah felt. She could almost compare it to how she felt about her mother at the moment.

"He deserved it, right ?" JJ says as he stands on the dock with his fishing rod in the water and Kie standing beside him. Pope leaned against the railing as Charlotte and Estrella sat on the dock with their feet hanging off.

"Are you joking ?" Kie scoffs, "Of course he deserved it."

"Never seen anyone blow themselves up like that." Pope says

"Cross that one off the bucket list."

"JJ !" Estrella and Kie exclaim as Charlotte goes wide eyed. JJ looks down at the water as Kie steps down to the boat that John B was laid out on.

"Sucks for Sarah." JJ says

"Are you okay ?" Kie asks softly placing her hand on John B's shoulder

"It's not me I'm worried about." He mumbles

______________________________________

"Estrella !"

The girl turns from her place in John B's yard. Her brows raise as JJ slows down in front of her. A smile takes over the boy's face.

"Where you off to ?"

"Oh, I was just gonna stop by my house. Try and pick up some boards I need to finish so I can sell them." She shrugs

JJ's brows furrow, "By yourself ?"

"Yeah." She nods, "I can carry two."

"I'll come with you."

"Oh no, it's fine."

"Your leg is fucked, Estrella." He says. The girl sighs, "Let me help."

Estrella looks back up at him. His face softens as she looks in his eyes. She tucks some hair behind her ear as she nods, "Okay."

______________________________________

The walk to Estrella's house had taken a little longer than usual because of her limp, but they eventually made it. Estrella makes a beeline for her backyard with JJ right behind her. She pulls her keys out as they stop in front of her shed door.

"I can't believe you have this whole thing to yourself."

"It's full of paint stuff, there's no room for anything else." She chuckles

"Still." He says as she gets the door open. The both of them stepping in as JJ looks around. "This is cool as shit."

Estrella shakes her head with a smile, "I'll grab more supplies and we'll take the boards along the wall."