Tʜᴇ Pʜᴀɴᴛᴏᴍ

______________________________________

After talking to Sarah, Kie drove everyone to The Wreck to crash. No one really opposed the idea. Estrella groans as her eyes open. She sat up from the booth she laid in. Pope and JJ standing by the window as Kie laid on a table on the other side of the room.

"He's pinched for sure, man." JJ says

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him." Pope says

"Let's hope."

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too." Kie shrugs

Estrella scoffs, "So much for caring about John B."

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope says grabbing the key from JJ's bag.

"So, find him before they do ?" JJ says

"Pope ?" Estrella says

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." He says approaching the door

"Hey, you be careful. Okay ?" Kie says softly

Pope ignores her and turns to JJ and Estrella, "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late."

He walks out as Estrella and JJ's faces form into into one of confusion. Kie follows after him as Pope gets on the bike.

Estrella can hear them going back and forth as Pope starts up the bike. Each time Kie tried to talk, he revved the engine. She sighs as she runs her hands down her face. She hears the bike fade off into turn distance as JJ steps outside.

She furrows her brows as she hears a helicopter passing over the restaurant.

______________________________________

While Pope was gone, the others were getting food ready for John B to leave. They'd done a couple of boxes as Kiara vented about Pope.

Apparently, Pope had confessed his feelings and she shot him down. Estrella rolls her eyes every couple of seconds at Kiara's obliviousness.

"You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope ?" JJ says as he packs a box

"It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation." Kie says handing JJ bread, "Is that enough food for them ?"

"I mean, for a couple of weeks, and that's all they need, so..."

"Look, I think I actually hurt his feelings."

"Obviously." Estrella mutters as she storms out with a box in her hand. Kiara deflates as she watches her. As Estrella opens the trunk, she sees Kiara's mom pull up.

"Goddamn it." She mutters.

"I hate to admit it, but I miss the old Pope." Kie says as she and JJ walk out, "At least I knew what to expect from him."