Pʀᴀʏᴇʀs (2)

ᴛᴡ: ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ sᴇʟғ ʜᴀʀᴍ______________________________________

______________________________________

The teens made it just in time to catch the ferry. Now, they were all sat in the trunk of Heyward's truck.

"My parents are so paranoid of me being a Pogue, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen." Kie says

"Hey, I hear they got good weed at boarding school, though." JJ says

"I'm not going to boarding school. They're gonna have to kidnap me, tie me up, and throw me in a van."

"Don't tempt them." Estrella mumbles

"Well, I say..." JJ says jumping from the roof, "we just crumble some herb right now."

Kie sighs as she takes the joint from JJ.

"Hey, Kie, have you tried to hit John B back on that number yet ?" Pope says

"Like, twenty million times."

"That's quite a few times." JJ chuckles as he sits beside Estrella

"Some random lady at a hotel keeps answering."

"Well, until we hear from them again, we gotta try and clear his name." Pope says, "Right now, this letter's our best bet."

"Right. Stay on task." JJ nods, "That's why I love ya, Pope."

Kie stands up and holds the joint out to Pope. "What Pope are you gonna be today ?"

Pope looks up at her before shaking his head, "I'm good. I'm gonna try to focus."

Kie nods, "Good Pope." She sighs as she sits beside JJ, "Boring Pope."

Estrella rolls her eyes as she turns to Pope. Tuning out whatever conversation JJ and Kie were having.

"You're not boring." She says. The boy looks over at her, "Being high doesn't mean you're more fun." Pope nods as she smiles at him, "We'll both keep focus."

Pope chuckles as he looks back down at the letter. Estrella's smile widening as she looks at him.

______________________________________

The teens were now driving to Charleston. All four of them squished up in the front seat.

"Guys, I've read this thing like a thousand times. It makes no sense." Kie says from beside Pope, "I mean, the Limbreys own, like, half of Charleston. What do the Kook kings of Charleston know about a murder on Kildare Island ?"

"Why you specifically ? That's the other creepy thing." JJ says, "You know ?"

"'Please come alone.'" That's hella sus."

"I was thinking the same thing. I think it's because--" Pope starts, but is cut off by hissing come from the engine. Smoke immediately emits from the front of the car. "Oh, come on."