Pɪʟᴏᴛ (2)

______________________________________

After getting back to land, the teens went to the coast guard to report the boat. Or at least tried to. No one was listening to them seeing as it was crowded with tons of people.

"Well, that went well." John B says as he and JJ walk out to the others. JJ rests his arm on John B's shoulder.

"So, what's the plan ?" JJ asks

"I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat." John B says holding up the key.

"We don't know whose room that is. It could be anyone." Pope says

JJ takes the key from John B and tosses it to Kie. "I'm in."

"Come on. I'll be lookout." Kie smiles as she and JJ walk toward the boat.

"Finder's fee. Just sayin'. And, hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice." John B shrugs

"Man."

"Come on, bubba." He says as he follows JJ.

Pope turns to Estrella and sighs. The girl smiles before grabbing his arm. "Come on."

______________________________________

John B slowly pulls up to the motel that the key led them to.

"I thought the Château looked bad." JJ says

"This place is a shitshow."

"Motel or meth lab ?"

"You be the judge."

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays." Estrella says

"No. Looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed." Pope says

"All right. Here we go. This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin' in for landing." JJ says as they reach the motel. He jumps out to tie the boat off.

"We good ?"

"Yeah, we good."

"All right. Here goes nothin'." John B says as he and JJ get out.

"Hey." Pope says

"Yeah ?"

"Don't let him do anything stupid." Pope says pointing to JJ

"Oh, we will." JJ nods

"I'm not making promises." John B shakes his head

"Yeah, I know." Pope sighs

"Don't get killed, JJ." Estrella says

"Of course not, gotta come back to you." He smirks. Estrella rolls her eyes playfully before sitting on the bow.

"Uh, be careful." Kie says handing the key to John B, "I mean it."

"Yeah. Yeah." John B chuckles, "Let's go." He says jumping out and patting JJ's shoulder. The two walk off leaving Pope, Kie, and Estrella to wait.