Tʜᴇ Hᴇɪsᴛ

______________________________________

The teens finally made it to the place Ward and Gavin were meeting. Unfortunately for them, it had started raining. Pouring actually.

They stood across the street looking over a gate. Pope taking out his camera to record.

"Nice camera. Where'd you dig up that relic ?" JJ says, "Why don't you just use your phone ?"

"Well, first of all, I like my antique electronics." Pope says earning a frown from Kie, "Second of all, this is a telephoto. It allows me to get a close image from far away."

Kie shakes her head, "Lord of the dorks."

"For definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass." He says before turning back toward the stores, "There he is."

"Yo, get down." JJ says as the four teens duck behind the fence. Pope holding his camera up as Gavin and Ward run into an abandoned building

"And there's Gavin. Where are you going, you son of a bitch ?" As they run in, Pope sighs, "No, no, no, no. I'm losing him. Shit. Where's he going ?"

Estrella looks up as the rain soaks her, "Hold on."

They turn to her as she runs off. Pope and Kie turning back toward Ward as JJ watches her disappear behind a building. A couple of seconds later, she comes back.

"Hey. I found something. Come here." She says waving them over. They run over following her as she rounds a building, "Gotta go up top."

"That'll work."Pope says as Estrella climbs a ladder. JJ right behind her.

"Hurry. Don't wanna miss anything." Kie says climbing up after JJ. As they get to the top of the building, Pope sets his bag down immediately focusing his camera.

"You rolling, Pope ?" JJ says

"Are you getting it ?" Estrella asks

"Yeah. Yeah, I see them."

Estrella can see Ward and Gavin moving around, but can't quite tell what they're doing.

"Ward just handed Gavin something." Pope says, "I think it's a duffel bag."

"Guys, I think this is a payoff." JJ says. Estrella looks toward Pope as he turns to her. She sighs as he goes back to his camera. Estrella looks back and forth between Pope and Ward waiting for some sort of update on what was happening.

"Gavin doesn't look happy about something. It looks like he's yelling at Ward."

"Why ?" Kie says

"I don't know, but he sure looks mad."

Estrella's brows furrow as she sees Ward tackle Gavin.

"Shit !" Pope says

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." JJ mumbles