Tʜᴇ Pʜᴀɴᴛᴏᴍ (2)

______________________________________

The four teens rushed to the Château hoping to get there in time for John B. Kie backed the boat into the water and the boys tied it off. They loaded all the food and other necessities John B would need for his trip. Now, they were just waiting for John B to arrive.

"Dude, where is he ?" Kie says

"Give him a second. He'll be here." Pope says

"He's coming. He'll be fine." JJ says

They all turn as they hear sirens approaching. They all start to panic.

"JJ !

"Hey, yeah. Get back on the boat. Untie it."

"Shit."

"Wait." Estrella says. John B hops out of the drivers side.

"No way." JJ says

"No f'ing way." Pope says

"I'm sorry." Kie frowns

"You've gotta be kidding me."

"Uh..." Kie chuckles.

"Shoupe let me take it for a spin." John B jokes

"Okay. That's believable. I'll buy that for now." Kie says before she hugs him.

"It wasn't easy, bro, but I got the Phantom for you, and she runs like she was made yesterday." JJ says jingling the keys, "You ready to go ?"

John B looks around, "Where's Sarah ?"

"She's not with you ?" Kie asks

"No, we got separated in the swamp. She said she'd meet me here."

"No, we haven't seen her."

"Okay, well, I'm not leaving without her."

"Dude, you don't have time for this." Estrella sighs

"John B, look at me. I know you feel bad for leaving, but there's no time, man. You've got plenty of gas, plenty of food. Once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to Dismal Swamp, okay ? Once you get there, lay low, all right ?" JJ explains

"Hang out for a couple of weeks and then go overland, cross the border at Brownsville, you got that ? Brownsville. You-" JJ notices John B's attention is elsewhere. He turns his head back to him. "Hey ! You got that ?"

"Yeah, yeah. Brownsville." John B says

"All right. Saddle her up, saltwater cowboy. Let's do this." JJ says getting off of the boat as John B gets on.

"Yeah." As John B gets on, he turns to everyone else. "Hey. Hey. I'm sorry for basically... throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing."