Tʜᴇ Dᴀʀᴋᴇsᴛ Hᴏᴜʀ (2)

______________________________________

Estrella definitely shouldn't have been walking this far considering the stitches in her leg, but she was. She figured that if her mom did actually kick her out, she should at least be able to have her things. She was hoping that her mom had a change of heart and she wouldn't be a homeless 16 year old.

Luckily, she wasn't alone.

"Are you sure you want me here ?" Charlotte asks, "I know this can be kind of personal."

Estrella turns to her, "No, um, worst case scenario I get yelled at. It's nothing that hasn't happened before."

Charlotte nods as they approach the house. Estrella's heart drops at the bags sitting on the porch. She continues walking up the driveway before going up the steps. Wincing slightly as she finally makes it onto the porch.

She recognized the suitcase her mom bought her when they made their first trip off of the island. She also noticed a few other bags she had purchased over the years.

She steps over to her things finally realizing that her mother had probably cleaned her entire room out. Tears begin to gather in her eyes as she stands there. Her situation finally settles in. Her mom kicked her out. She had no where to go. No one to call. No family on the island besides her mom. She was stuck.

"She really did it." She mumbles. Charlotte's heart breaks as she watches Estrella look over her things. 

She sniffles as she turns and begins to descend down the steps of the porch making her way to the backyard. Charlotte following behind her. Going a little slower than usual, but making it there. She digs in her pocket and pulls out her keys. She steps up to her shed.

She inserts the key and unlocks it before opening the door. Thankfully, nothing had been touched. Everything remaining the same as she had left it. Charlotte looks around at all the surfboards on the walls and the art supplies sitting on a desk in the corner.

"Do you make surfboards ?" She asks as she approaches one sitting in the corner

"Yeah." She chuckles, "Well, I paint them."

"These are amazing." Charlotte gushes, "Do you sell them ?"

"Yeah, that's actually why I'm in here." Estrella says. Charlotte turns as Estrella digs in a box on her desk. Estrella turns to her holding a stash of money up, "If she's gonna kick me out, I'll at least have something."

Charlotte smiles with a small nod, "Smart."

"Yeah." Estrella laughs, "Now, let's just hope John B is okay with me staying at his place."

"If not, then you won't be alone." Charlotte says, "I'm still here."

"You can go home any time you want, you know ?" Estrella says stepping closer, "You don't have to go through all of this with us."