Tʜᴇ Rᴜɴᴡᴀʏ

______________________________________

JJ crashed at the Château after Estrella got him out of the hot tub. She, Kie, and Pope went home, but came back the next morning.

Kie and Pope were checking to make sure the pulley wouldn't break whenever John B went down. Estrella and JJ sat at the hot tub. JJ had his feet in the water, but Estrella hung her feet on the outside.

JJ realized she hadn't said much since last night. He knew why, but he had a tendency to just sweep his problems under the rug. Estrella on the other hand, liked to tackle problems head on. She hated hiding how she actually felt.

JJ looked over at her as she looked elsewhere.

"You alright ?" He asks

Estrella looks to him, "Fine."

"Yeah, right. Since when do you lie about how you feel ?" JJ scoffed. Estrella looks away, but still stays silent. "I was drunk. It's nothing to worry about."

"Nothing to worry about ?" She scoffs, "You have bruises all over your stomach from your dad. That's not okay, JJ."

"Yeah, well, it's normal for me."

Estrella shakes her head as she looks away.

"John B pullin' a Houdini." He says changing the subject

"Yeah, where is he ? I got my scholarship interview tomorrow. We gotta get this done !" Pope says

JJ looks over and sees John B. "Speak of the devil. Hey !"

Estrella furrows her brows as John B keeps walking with a scowl on his face.

"Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything." JJ says

"No, he did not. I did that." Pope says

"Hey." Kie says

"Hey." Pope tries. He ignores them as he walks in the Château.

"Okay, that's it ?" JJ says

"Uh... what's that all about ?" Pope says

"I was gonna ask you the same question." JJ says getting out of the hot tub.

"John B." Estrella jumps down and walks into the house. "What's going on ?"

"You all right, man ? What... what's up ?" Pope says

"What are you looking for ?" Kie says, but John B says nothing and starts digging around the couch.

"Bro, what's going on ?" JJ says. John B stands up as he pulls the gun out. "John B, what do you need the gun for ?"

JJ goes to stop him, but John B pushes him onto the couch. "Just... No !"

"Talk to us !"

"John B, chill ! What are you doing ?"